Long-distance relationships are hard. Anyone who’s ever been in one can attest to that.
Maintaining a long-distance relationship means putting aside time in your schedule to talk and communicate regularly. It also means having to endure night after night away from your partner — which can get pretty lonely after a while.
Unless you’re prepared for this, then you probably shouldn’t enter a long-distance relationship, because they definitely are not for the weak-willed.
So why do some people choose to sustain their relationships even across geographic distances? Well, some relationships are just worth it. And if you’ve ever looked through love quotes about loving someone from afar, you’ll see that this simple truth has stood the test of time.
When you find a partner you love and trust, it’s just worth sticking with them, even though the distance breaks both of your hearts at times.
Long-distance relationships require extra effort, but they can be pretty great if you know how to navigate the inevitable ups and downs. When you’re involving yourself in a long-distance relationship, it can be pretty difficult to handle all the days and nights that you spend away from your partner.
It may sometimes feel like a hard task to maintain desire and intimacy when you and your partner are separated by miles from each other. But we’re here to help you!
If you want your boo to know just how much you love them, even through the distance, then here are the best long-distance relationship love quotes to express just how worth it your relationship is.
Best Long-Distance Relationship Quotes
1. “While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.” ― Nicholas Sparks, “Nights in Rodanthe”
2. “Distance means so little, when someone means so much.” — Tom McNeal
3. “I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart).” — E.E. Cummings
4. “Distance unites missing beats of two hearts in love.” — Munia Khan
5. “It’s true. We don’t have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love.”
6. “Distance between two people is inconsequential when their souls are united.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
7. “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” — Margaret Atwood
8. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.”
9. “My dear, I think of you always and at night I build myself a warm nest of things I remember and float in your sweetness till morning.” — Zelda Fitzgerald
10. “Close together or far apart; you’re forever in my heart.”
11. “No matter where I am, no matter where I go, your heart is my northern light, I will always find my way home.” — Michael Kilby
12. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.” — Charles M. Schulz
13. “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” — Charles Dickens, “Nicholas Nickleby”
14. “You know you’ve found true love when you catch yourself falling in love with the same person over and over again despite them being miles away from you.”
15. “In true love the smallest distance is too great and the greatest distance can be bridged.” — Hans Nouwens
16. “My heart is your home, wherever in the world you are – you will always have a place to stay.” — K.A. Hill
17. “Where you are is where I want to be.”
18. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” — Mahatma Gandhi
19. “Distance is not for the fearful, it’s for the bold. It’s for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love. It’s for those who know a good thing when they see it, even if they don’t see it nearly enough.” — Meghan Daum
20. “This is falling in love in the cruelest way. This is falling for you and you are miles away.”
21. “Love will travel as far as you let it. It has no limits.” — Dee King
Long-Distance Relationship Quotes for Him
22. “I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.” — Jodi Picoult
23. “I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.” — Donna Lynn Hope
24. “It’s been a year and 3 months since we’ve kissed, and I rather have the ghost of his mouth on my lips than kiss anyone else.” — Alishah Khan
25. “You know It’s true love when no matter how far the distance is he can still make you smile.”
26. “Thank God for men who manage to hold from afar, wipe tears away with tender words and dish out the life force that is hope. She has never felt so alone but out there, across an ocean, and in a foreign land, there is a man who loves her and would lay down his life just so she could feel the light once again.” — Donna Lynn Hope
Long-Distance Relationship Quotes for Her
27. “I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart.” — Nicholas Sparks, “Dear John”
28. “The simple lack of her is more to me than others’ presence.” — Edward Thomas
29. “She affected me, even when she was absent.” — Shannon A. Thompson
30. “Tonight I can write the saddest lines. To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her. To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.” — Pablo Neruda
31. “Come what sorrow can / It cannot countervail the exchange of joy / That one short minute gives me in her sight.” — William Shakespeare, “Romeo and Juliet”
32. “I wonder why people still underestimate the authenticity of long-distance relationships. I fell in love with her soul before I could even touch her skin. If that isn’t true love, then please tell me what is.”
Quotes About Trust in Long Distance Relationships
33. “If love cannot stand the test of time, then it has failed the test of love.” — Bernard Byer
34. “Once trust is built, distance cannot kill it. Time and space alone cannot destroy authentic connection.” — Vironika Tugaleva
35. “Maybe, it’s not the distance that’s the problem, but how you handle it.” — David Levithan
36. “Waiting does not bother me, nor does the distance that is cropping up between us. All I want is a true commitment and to know that your heat will never change.” — Ting Stores
37. “To love at all is to be vulnerable.” — C.S. Lewis
38. “Trust is the first step to love.” — Munshi Premchand
39. “When you can’t believe your eyes, you can always trust your heart. Love makes anything possible.”
40. “Distance doesn’t matter… If two hearts are loyal to each other.”
41. “Distance isn’t a big factor in a relationship. Communication is. But most of all commitment is the most important one.”
42. “Long-distance relationships are hard, but they’re also incredible. If you can love, trust, trust, respect, and support each other from a distance, the relationship will be unbreakable once you’re physically together.”
Cute Long Distance Relationship Quotes
43. “It doesn’t matter where I am. I’m yours.”
44. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” — A.A. Milne
45. “I like the way you make me feel even when I’m nowhere near.”
46. “If you think missing me is hard, you should try missing you.”
47. “I hate waiting. But if waiting means being able to be with you, I’ll wait for as long as forever to be with you.”
48. “I wanted to send you something sexy, but the mailman told me to get out of the mailbox.”
49. “You are my favorite notification.”
50. “Sometimes I miss you so much, I just want to rip you out of my dreams and hug you!”
51. “I’d rather see you one day a year than someone else seven days a week.”
52. “Being in a long-distance relationship is like being in school all over again: Distance teaches us to appreciate the days that we get to spend together and how to define patience. It reminds us that every moment together is special, and every second together should be cherished… And just like when I was in school, I’d rather skip class and kiss you in the stairwell.” — Lisa McKay
53. “I miss you so much more than the miles between us.”
Related Stories From YourTango:
54. “May the moon kiss you to sleep until I can.”
55. “I get butterflies just thinking about the next time I’ll see you.”
56. “I’m in my bed. You’re in your bed. One of us is in the wrong place.”
57. “Mornings would be so much better if I woke up next to you.”
58. “I’d cross the world for someone like you.”
59. “Hey, the next time I see you, we are going to kiss for a very long time.”
Helen Luc is a writer and frequent contributor to YourTango. Her writing focuses on love, relationships, astrology, and pop culture.