It’s a commonly known fact that the players gonna play and the haters gonna hate. It’s sad but true. No matter where you go, there will always be people there who will find a reason not to like you.
But your worth is not attached to the “haters quotes” that negative people use to describe you and your biggest critic will always be yourself.
What’s worse is that social media has made it easier to hate on others.
We’re all flawed, but that’s what makes us beautiful and unique. Accept that some people are just jerks and some days will just be bad days. C’est la vie.
Don’t let what someone said about you in a bikini that one time haunt you for the rest of your life. If you want to go to the beach and wear a bikini, then you go to that dang beach and rock that mother! Eat that second piece of cake, take that job in another country, walk the El Camino by yourself, take a gap year and go travel, or start over in another career.
Do whatever makes you happy.
Here are the best ‘clap back’ to haters quotes to help you fight the good fight on social media.
1. “Better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” — André Gide
2. “The only thing more frustrating than slanderers is those foolish enough to listen to them.” —Criss Jami
3. “People will always have their opinion on you despite who you are and what you’re capable of.” —Ana Chable
4. “Learn to use the criticism as fuel and you will never run out of energy.”— Orrin Woodward
5. “F—k your bad vibes bro.”
6. “You will face your greatest opposition when you are closest to your biggest miracle.” — Shannon L. Alder
7. “I don’t have time, energy, or interest in hating the haters; I’m too busy loving the lovers.”— Steve Maraboli
8. “I don’t worry about the haters… They are just angry because the truth I speak contradicts the lie they live.” —Steve Maraboli
9. “It’s amazing the lies that people will believe about men when the truth is actually much more interesting.”
10. “I pulled a you on you and now you’re mad, lol ok.”
11. “Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.” —Nishan Panwar
12. “Some people have so little going on in their lives, they would rather discuss yours.”
13. “Remember, people only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.”
15. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of Haters! I love my haters!”—Gloria Tesch
16. “Haters and bullies are always cowards, you know. They like to pick on little guys.” —Scylar Tyberius
17. “To hate everything is to be wounded by everything.” —Marty Rubin
18. “Pride attracts more haters and brings less friends.”
19. “A hater’s job is to hate you, and they stay on their job 24/7. So, if you’re expecting them to clock out, and leave you alone think again.” —Sonya Parker
20. “Give ’em hell.”
21. “Wish all your enemies a long life, so they can see you succeed in life.” —Nishan Panwar
22. “Remember that only God can judge us; forget the haters, because somebody loves you.” —Miley Cyrus
23. “If you don’t like me, why do you waste your time making fun of me?” —Chad Anderson
24. “I treat my haters like AM radio, I just don’t listen to them.”
25. “Yeah, I know. I just don’t give a s—t.”
26. “The best way to counter-attack a hater is to make it blatantly obvious that their attack has had no impact on you.” —Timothy Ferris
27. “Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.” —George Washington Carver
28. “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” —Coretta Scott King
29. “Has anything you’ve done made your life better?” —American History X
30. “Don’t let the bastards grind you down.” — Joseph Stilwell
31. “I think that everybody wants to be heard, and the easiest way to be the loudest is to be the hater.” —Tavi Gevinson
32. “Love me or hate me. Either way, I’m on your mind.”
33. “Hating is the sincerest form of flattery.”
34. “Remember, people who try to bring you down are already below you.”
35. “They don’t hate you. They hate themselves and take it out on you. There’s a difference.” —Ritu Ghatourey
36. “When people don’t want the best for you, they are not the best for you.” —Gayle King
37. “I don’t care.”
38. “Haters may push you but determination will give you the keys to drive.” —Gee Linder
39. “There’s always going to be someone who doesn’t like you.”
40. “Being judged by others means that you’re that important that they have the time to think about you and talk about you.”
41. “So many assume. So little know.”
42. “Hahahahahaha … no.”
43. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” —Martin Luther King, Jr.
44. “Animals don’t hate, and we’re supposed to be better than them.” —Elvis Presley
45. “I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.” —Booker T. Washington
46. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you, and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” —Will Smith
47. “Dear haters, I have so much more for you to be mad at. Just be patient.”
48. “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.” — Drake
49. “Have you ever met a hater doing better than you? Me neither”
50. “Not my problem.”
51. “Haters are my favorite. I’ve built an empire with the bricks they’ve thrown at me.”
52. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” — Israelmore Ayivor
Tess Griman is a writer whose work focuses on relationships, astrology, and pop culture.