Sister fight quotes can help us get through the toughest of times.
Our sisters are the ones who pick us up when we are at our lowest and who will bring us ice cream when our hearts are broken. They are the ones who will bring you a tampon if you’re ever stuck without one. They are there to help you be a better person, but to also let loose and be a kid. And they give us a more expanded wardrobe.
In times of conflict, turning to sister fight quotes can inspire you to problem solve.
And honestly, your relationship with your sister is the most complicated relationship you have, and it’s really just too hard to put it into words.
So instead of trying to come up with your own, here are the best sister fight quotes.
Some aww-worthy and some hysterically accurate, they so perfectly sum up your relationship with your sister that you’ll just have to share with her!
1. “Friends change, lovers leave, sisters are eternal.” — Joe King
2. “Siblings that say they never fight are definitely hiding something.” — Lemony Snicket
3. “Sisterhood is powerful.” — Robin Morgan
4. “Sisterhood and brotherhood are conditions people have to work at. It’s a serious matter. You compromise, you give, you take, you stand firm, and you’re relentless.” — Maya Angelou
5. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” — Amy Li
6. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” — Benjamin Disraeli
7. “We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” — Lisa See, Shanghai Girls
8. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.” — Jane Austen
9. “At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them.” — Ken Wheaton, Sweet as Cane, Salty as Tears
10. “I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.”
11. “Sisters may share the same mother and father but appear to come from different families.” — Horace Cope
12. “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.” —Lauren Weisberger
13. “Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.” — Louisa May Alcott
14. “I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister.” — Erin Morgenstern
15. “You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up … after I finish laughing.” — Holly Wood
16. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” — Deborah Tannen
17. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” — Marion Garretty
18. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” —Alice Walker
19. “Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.” — Pam Brown
20. “When my sister, Joan, arrived I asked if I could swap her for a rabbit. When I think what a marvelous friend she’s been, I’m so glad my parents didn’t take me at my word.” —Maeve Binchy
21. “There is no problem that sisters cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car.” — Imma Hogg
22. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” —George R.R. Martin
23. “A loyal sister is worth a thousand friends.” — Frank N. Stein
24. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” —Marilyn Monroe
25. “Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected by the heart.” — Al E. Gater
26. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” — Pam Brown
27. “She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” — Barbara Alpert
28. “As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does.” —Ally Condie
29. “When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to.” — Iona Mink
30. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” — Jojo Moyes
31. “When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count.” — Jay Walker
32. “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.”— Beyoncé
33. “Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be.” — Toni Morrison, Beloved
34. “There were once two sisters who were not afraid of the dark because the dark was full of the other’s voice across the room, because even when the night was thick and starless they walked home together from the river seeing who could last the longest without turning on her flashlight, not afraid.”— Jandy Nelson
35. “There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.” — Tia Mowry
36. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.”— Gemma Burgess
37. “You can kid the world. But not your sister.” — Charlotte Gray
38. “Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister who comes between me and my man.” — Irving Berlin
39. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within a family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” — Margaret Mead
40. “There is no place for secrets in sisterhood.” — Erin Forbes
41. “Being sisters means you always have backup.” — Don Keigh
42. “But the love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementos, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever present as a pulse.” — Lisa Wingate
43. “Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.” — Jack Pott
44. “My first beauty moment was when I was probably four years old. My sister and I snuck into my mom’s room and got into her makeup. We put on blush and lipstick and eyeshadow. I will always remember that day.” — Stella Maxwell
45. “I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because you can’t do anything about it.” — Holly Wood
46. “Your sister knows everything to say to piss you off. But sisters tend to be each other’s biggest champion and also their hardest critics.” — Erin Foster
47. “You think I am crazy? You should meet my sister!” — Brighton Early
48. “A sister is both your mirror—and your opposite.” — Elizabeth Fishel
49. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” — Linda Sunshine
50. “The only person I lie to is my little sister, when I steal her clothes.” — Kendall Jenner
Estee Kahn is a writer and amateur photographer who writes all about love — dating, relationships, friendships, yourself, and family.