When it comes to love, when you know, you know — that’s what they tell you, anyway.
And, while that may very well be true, more often than not, you may not know exactly how to tell someone you love them and want to spend the rest of your life with them.
Whether it’s your initial marriage proposal or you’re working on writing your wedding vows, you want the perfect romantic love quotes.
Expressing how you feel can be so tough, especially when the stakes are so high. You’re in love, and this is the story they’ll be telling for years! You’ll hear this story at family gatherings, told to your future kids and new friends over and over again and again until death do you part.
Figuring out a proposal idea is hard enough without planning out your whole proposal speech. There’s so much you might include like the little bits and pieces of your love story, all the things you love about your significant other, and your dreams of a shared future. And how can you do it all with one romantic gesture that will get the ring on their finger?
This list of 50 romantic love quotes is a great source of inspiration for those marriage proposal speech ideas. Or, you can use some of these tried and true love quotes as inspiration for your wedding vows, if you want!
Romantic Quotes About Love
1. “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning.” — Anonymous
2. “Once in a while, right in the middle of ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale.” — Anonymous
3. “Love is a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
4. “There is no instinct like that of the heart.” — Lord Byron
5. “And for one second, it was like I could feel the timing clicking together, finally pieces falling into place.” — Sarah Dessen
6. “You don’t need someone to complete you, you just need someone to accept you completely.” — Anonymous
7. “The real power of a man is in the size of a smile of the woman sitting next to him.” — Anonymous
Short Love Quotes
8. “I want to be with you till my last page.” — A.R. Asher
9. “I love to hear you talk and get lost in your eyes.” — Anonymous
10. “I want to be your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.” — Anonymous
11. “I don’t need the world, I just need you.” — Katy B
12. “In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.” — Anonymous
13. “By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.” — Anonymous
14. “The first time I saw you my heart whispered, ‘That’s the one.’” — Anonymous
15. “You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have.” — Krista Ritchie
16. “You make me happy in a way no one else can.” — Bernard F. Ascunsion
17. “I love her and that’s the beginning and the end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
18. “I love the feeling I get when I see your smile.” — Anonymous
19. “I just can’t get you off my mind and why would I even try?” — Chase Coy
20. “I could start fires with what I feel for you.” — David Ramirez
21. “I want a new life and I want it with you.” — Anonymous
22. “Every time I see you I fall in love all over again.” — Anonymous
23. “I fell in love with the way you touched my heart.” — Anonymous
24. “I just want to make you as happy as you make me.” — Anonymous
25. “You’re mine and only mine.” — Anonymous
26. “All that you are is all I’ll ever need.” — Anonymous
27. “I don’t want someone like you, I want you.” — Anonymous
True Love Quotes
28. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
29. “My love for you is a journey; starting at forever and ending at never.” — Anonymous
30. “I love you and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I’ll love you then too.” — Anonymous
31. “Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.” — Anonymous
32. “If I could turn back the clock, I’d find you sooner and love you longer.” — Anonymous
33. “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” — Virginia Woolf
34. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It’s a person. And we are finally home.” — Anna and Etienne
35. “One day I caught myself smiling for no reason and then I realized I’d been thinking of you.” — Anonymous
36. “I lost my way all the way to you, and in you, I found all the way back to me.” — Atticus
37. “Of all the music I’ve ever heard, it’s your voice that calms my soul.” — Anonymous
38. “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” — Ben Folds
39. “Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favorite.” — Anonymous
40. “All I want to do is spend my life loving you and making you happy.” — Anonymous
41. “If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.” — Jane Austen
42. “To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.” — Dr. Suess
43. “As soon as you walked into my life, I understood why it didn’t work out with anyone else.” — Anonymous
44. “This is my confession. As dark as I am, I will always find enough light to adore you to pieces, with all of my pieces.” — Johnny Nguyen
45. “Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you.” — Anonymous
46. “I’ve learned that it’s not what I have in my life, but who I have in my life that counts.” — Nishan Panwar
47. “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been, and all you are yet to be.” — Anonymous
48. “Forever is a measure of time used by people who share an ordinary love. Our love is immeasurable, and for us, forever just won’t do.” — Anonymous
49. “You’re my favorite place to go when my mind searches for peace.” — Anonymous
50. “I love you bigger than the sky, through all the galaxies, and beyond.” — Anonymous
Love is life’s greatest gift, which is why people have a passion for love quotes – and we’ve got you covered. When it comes to saying “I love you”, the truth about marriage, or even finding the perfect love quote for your guy, we have all the cute (or sexy!) quotes you need.
Beth El Fattal is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture, and relationship topics.