There are two types of people in the world: People who welcome Wednesdays with open arms and those who side-eye the day. There’s really no in-between.
Since 1965, people have referred to Wednesday as “Hump Day” because it officially marks the middle of the week and that the weekend is nearing. Once you get to Hump Day, the week only seems to get better because the freedom of Friday feels so much closer.
Wednesday is a day that can put people through a lot of different emotions. For some, the week will feel like it’s going fast as every day is a good day, but, for others, it’s going to feel like it’s dragging.
Congrats, you got through the first half of the week! But now you have to get through the rest of it, you feel me? It’s a love-hate relationship.
No matter what field you work in or how your week is going, everyone experiences the same emotions on a Wednesday. It might be at different times of the day, but you’ll definitely feel the pain or happiness of Wednesday (or both).
Here are the best funny Wednesday quotes and hump day memes that perfectly describe your emotions to get you through the day.
1. “I am here to wish you Happy Wednesday.”
2. “Dude I can see Friday from here.”
3. “When you realize it’s Wednesday.”
4. “Smile, it’s wonderful Wednesday.”
5. “On Wednesdays we wear pink.”
6. “On Wednesdays we wear pizza.”
8. “This is my ‘it’s only Wednesday’ face.”
9. “Though it was Thursday but it’s only Wednesday.”
10. “That moment when you think it’s Friday but it’s really Wednesday.”
11. “I find your lack of faith in Wednesday disturbing… don’t worry, the week is almost over.”
12. “Wednesday: it’s almost, sorta, kinda, close to, just about, nearly the weekend…”
13. “It’s Wednesday!”
14. “It’s just Wednesday.”
15. “Did you say it’s only Wednesday? Can I have more coffee please?”
16. “It’s Wednesday, but I want Friday.”
17. “Tomorrow you’ll be saying hello from the other side of the work week.”
18. “I’m gonna make you a Hump Day treat.”
19. “Keep going! You’re halfway to the weekend!”
20. “Wednesday: It’s almost, sorta, kind of, close to, just, about, nearly the weekend. Woo hoo!”
21. “What day is it?
22. “On Wednesday?”
23. “Hey girl, Happy Wednesday.”
24. “It’s Wednesday.”
25. “It’s a Wednesday night, baby, and I’m alive.”
26. “If all our national holidays were observed on Wednesdays, we could wind up with nine-day weekends.” — George Carlin
27. “Wednesday can only dream of becoming Thursday.” — Anthony T. Hincks
28. “To some, it’s Hump Day. To us, it’s Wednesday’s getting its ass kicked and Thursday just asking Friday to switch places.” — Dwayne Johnson
29. “Keep Calm. It’s only Wednesday. We still have 2 more days to go.”
30. “When a day that you happen to know is Wednesday starts off sounding like Sunday, there is something seriously wrong somewhere.” — John Wyndham
31. “Today can be the Hump Day or a day to remember. Your choice.”
32. “They didn’t want it good, they wanted it Wednesday.” — Robert A. Heinlein
33. “Inspiration is one thing and you can’t control it, but hard work is what keeps the ship moving. Keep up the good work.” — Kevin Eubanks
34. “By Wednesday, work is something that’s easy to complain about. But at the end of the day, you’re making money and making a living.”
35. “I’ve heard of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, but I’ve never heard of Someday.” — Reverend Ike
36. “Heaven knows the difference between Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon. God longs to speak as clearly in the workplace as He does in the sanctuary.” — Max Lucado
37. “Wednesdays are like Mondays in the middle of the week!” — Lee Fox Williams
38. “Wednesdays will always bring smiles for the second half of the week.” — Anthony T. Hincks
39. “When people refer to ‘Back in the Day,’ it was a Wednesday. Just a little fun fact for you.” — Dane Cook
40. “I think vestigially there’s a synesthete in me, but not like a real one who immediately knows what color Wednesday is. — A. S. Byatt
41. “On Wednesday, when the sky is blue, / and I have nothing else to do, / I sometimes wonder if it’s true / That who is what and what is who.” — Winnie the Pooh
42. “Happy Wednesday! Cast your love to all, trust in the team to which you are joined, and do not do wrong to others for your own self-gratification.” — Byron Pulsifer
43. “Each morning is the open door to a new world — new vistas, new aims, new plans, new things … and whether you are twenty, forty, sixty or eighty; whether you have succeeded, failed, or just muddled along — life begins each morning. Live it!
44. “Inspiration is one thing and you can’t control it, but hard work is what keeps the ship moving. Good luck means, work hard. Keep up the good work.” — Kevin Eubanks
45. “To be honest, I’d rather be drinking coffee on my unicorn than whatever this Wednesday business is.” — Kevin Eubanks
46. “Happy Hump Day. When life gives you LIMES, rearrange the letters…SMILE.”
47. “It’s Wednesday! I’m breathing. I’m healthy. I’m truly blessed. I’m grateful for this day.
48. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” — Confucius
49. “A Wednesday with no rain is a dry hump day.” — Demetri Martin
50. “The only way I can get through Wednesday is by avoiding people who call it Hump Day.”
Amy Le is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture, and relationship topics.