Everyone remembers their first best girl friend. The moment we realized that girl power is a real thing and women have a special language amongst themselves.
Whether you’re still best friends with the girl you met on the first day of kindergarten or you found your squad in college, everyone has their girlfriends by their side, no matter what.
What better way to celebrate the best women in our lives than with some female friendship quotes about girlfriends to share on World Friendship Day on July 30th as well as National Girlfriends Day on August 1, 2020?
We do so much more than just help each other pick out outfits and suggest new shows to binge on Netflix (though that is important).
Your girlfriends help make you who you are. Your girl squad is more powerful than you know.
There is no better feeling than talking to a friend for hours after not talking to them in a while. Or finally trying that new fitness class together. Maybe even attempting that super intricate recipe you found on Pinterest.
There’s really an endless list of things to do with your girlfriends, and that’s why they’re so important. Who else is going to be honest with you when you dye your hair the wrong shade? Who would stop you from spending your whole paycheck on an impulse buy? No one does the job better than your girlfriends.
They’re pretty much the only person you’ll answer a FaceTime from at any time.
Having female friends is more important to you than you know. You mean just as much to them as they do to you, so let’s celebrate the power of friendship! Maybe you can send a few of these true friendship quotes to your squad to let them know they’re appreciated.
Everybody knows that funny quotes, friend quotes, and girl friends quotes for Instagram can put a smile on your bestie’s face.
Good friend quotes are ones that resonate with you. A girl best friend is someone who never lets you down.
You call a girl bestie just by surprising her with it. If she says it back, then you know it is a mutual feeling. Or you can write a female friend a text or letter if you’re better at communicating in those forms.
1. Getting together with your girlfriends is important (for your sanity, really).
“As hard as it is and as tired as I am, I force myself to get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends, or have a sleepover. Otherwise my life is just work.”
2. What’s your best friend like?
“True friends are like diamonds bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.”
3. Appreciate your ride-or-die friends.
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
4. Girlfriends are different than regular friends.
“It’s important to have girlfriends, because guys tend to come and go.”
5. As your best friend I’ll always pick you up when you fall, after I finish laughing.
“Whether you’re throwing up or breaking up, you want your girlfriend right there! I don’t trust women who don’t go to their girlfriends.”
6. Friends come and go.
“Everyone has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend.”
7. If you have crazy friends you have everything you’ll ever need.
“The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.”
8. We are going to be best friends forever… besides you already know too much.
“To have a friend and be a friend Is what makes life worthwhile.”
9. Our phones fall, we panic. Our friends fall, we laugh.
“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.”
10. A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.
“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”
11. You want to know you can trust your friends.
“Choose your friends wisely-they will make or break you.”
12. My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
“The shortest distance between new friends is a smile.”
13. True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable.
“You know when I feel inwardly beautiful? When I am with my girlfriends and we are having a ‘goddess circle.'”
14. True friends are those rare people who come to find you in dark places and lead you back to the light.
“I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends.”
15. The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.
“I don’t know about you, but my girlfriends have been my girlfriends forever, and they’re my sisters and my family.”
16. Real friendship is when your friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap.
“If you can find a group of women, any age, who are supportive and kind and love you, that’s the best. I have a group of girlfriends that I would lay in front of a bus for. They’ve picked me up through really, really bad times and I can definitely say I’ve done the same for them.”
17. No friendship is an accident.
“I love my husband, but it is nothing like a conversation with a woman that understands you. I grow so much from those conversations.” — Beyoncé
18. Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.
“A friend will always be there when you need them, but a best friend will always be there whether you need them or not.”
19. Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.
“Best friend: somebody you can’t stay mad at for too long because you have too many things to tell them.”
20. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
“A best friend can easily turn the worst days upside down into the best day of your life.”
21. Falling in love should never come at the cost of a true friendship.
“Friends are the family you choose.” — Jess C. Scott
22. Who’s your best friend?
“Best friends: it’s a promise, not a label.”
23. It’s important not to cut yourself off from female friendships.
“True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” — Helen Keller
24. Laughter is life’s greatest medicine.
“There’s nothing quite like the pain in your stomach from laughing too hard with your best friend.”
25. A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success.
“There’s nothing better than a best friend — unless that best friend has chocolate.”
26. There is nothing so well worth having as friends.
“A best friend is someone who has the power to make you laugh hysterically, even when you think you will never smile again.”
27. A good friend can make you feel special at the drop of a hat.
“Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” — Thomas J. Watson
28. Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.
“A friendship isn’t made up of just one big thing; it’s made up of millions of little things built together perfectly.”
29. The best friends challenge and inspire you, even from a distance.
“Shout out to low maintenance friends, the ones you don’t talk to for months because you both are busy in life but when you meet up, there’s nothing but love.” — Steve Maraboli
30. The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
“Your best friend is someone you can call at 4 A.M. and they won’t get mad.”
31. You’ll know a true fan when your life gets tough.
“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
32. If you have one true friend you have more than your share.
“A best friend is like a really great bra: rare, supportive, and close to the heart.”
33. There’s not only one spot in your heart for friends.
“She is a friend of my mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.” — Toni Morrison
34. Whoever said girls get scared easily, hasn’t seen what a lifelong friendship looks like.
“A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” — Frances Ward Weller
35. A friend is what the heart needs all the time.
“As we grow older, we realize that having one true friend is far more important than having tons of fake ones.”
36. Without friendship, we never could have fell in love.
“I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends. They have literally gotten me up out of bed, taken my clothes off, put me in the shower, dressed me, said, ‘Hey, you can do this,’ put my high heels on and pushed me out the door!” — Reese Witherspoon
37. A true friendship is one that lacks competitive energy.
“Girls get competitive, as though there’s only one spot in the world for everything but that’s not true. We need to stick together and see there’s more to life than pleasing men. It’s important not to cut yourself off from female friendships. I think sometimes girls get scared of other girls, but you need each other.” — Zooey Deschanel
38. When the world is so complicated, the simple gift of friendship is within all of our hands.
“A best friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you for the way you are today.”
39. It’s much better to have friends in your life than pleasing men.
“Abandon the cultural myth that all female friendships must be bitchy, toxic, or competitive. This myth is like heels and purses — pretty but designed to SLOW women down.” — Roxanne Gay
40. There are no rules for friendship.
“A good friend will keep you from losing your mind, but a best friend will join you in the craziness.”
41. Friendship is more rewarding than falling in love.
“No man is capable of being your best friend … A best friend is someone who goes to get their nails done with you.” — Chelsea Handler
42. Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness.
A best friend isn’t someone who tells you everything they know, but the one who keeps every secret you tell.
43. You don’t need that many friends to feel special.
“One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.” — Mindy Kaling
44. Your best girlfriends should stick by your side, no matter what.
“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.”
45. Friendships fade, but the real ones stick.
“In college and right after college, there’s this sense that your friends are your family. It’s really painful in your late twenties when you realize that they’re not your family, and they’re going to make their own families.” — Greta Gerwig
46. My best friend = my everything.
“She’s always there for me when I need her; She’s my best friend; she’s just my everything.”
47. Best friends are priceless.
“The thing with friends when you get older is they can’t be replaced.” — Nora Ephron
48. You know you’ve met your best girlfriend when she brings the best out of you.
My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
49. A good friend is a beautiful person that you’ve spent a lot of time with.
“Friendship between women is different than friendship between men.” — Jane Fonda
50. A true friend is someone who is there for you when she’d rather be anywhere else.
“The only people you can really share certain things with in secret are your girlfriends.”
Josie Fuller is a writer who studies Journalism and Women’s Studies at The University of Florida.