You know you’ve reached a major milestone when you’re ready to announce your new relationship to the world by going Instagram or Facebook official.
But what do you say when you start a new relationship and you fall in love with someone you want to spend the rest of your life with?
Regardless of who you tell first — your family, a loved one, your friends, your co-workers, or the entire internet — sharing your new relationship status calls for creating some cute couple posts that express who the two of you are and how much you mean to one another.
When you’re ready to be Instagram official, these cute new relationship quotes about love will make the perfect captions.
First, of course, you’ll need a picture. You already know you look cute together, so it really doesn’t matter if you post a selfie taken with your phone while you’re cuddling on the couch in sweats or you go with professional-level photos of the two of you doing romantic things.
The best Instagram captions also relate specifically to the photo’s content.
Yes, your first couple’s post making your new relationship Instagram official is a pretty big deal.
Here are the best cute new relationship quotes to use as captions when you’re ready to be “Instagram official”:
1. “I never want to stop making memories with you.” — Pierre Jeanty
2. “To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others.” — Francois Mauriac
3. “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” ― Victor Hugo
4. “I have learned not to worry about love; But to honor its coming with all my heart.” ― Alice Walker
5. “You’re the avocado to my toast.”
6. “Every word was once a poem. Every new relationship is a new word.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “The minute I heard my first love story – I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere – they’re in each other all along.” ― Rumi
8. “Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, be strong and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” — John Mayer
9. “I’m willing to risk the cooties if you are.”
10. “I have a crush on your mind. I fell for your personality. Your looks are just a bonus.” — “The Notebook”
11. “Maybe that’s what love is. Having someone who guides you through different experiences, coaxes you to try new things but still makes you feel safe.” ― Wally Lamb
12. “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” ― George Sand
13. “So many of my smiles begin with you.”
14. “She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure.” — Steve Maraboli
15. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” ― Henry David Thoreau
16. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because the reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr. Seuss
17. “Never caught a feelin’ this hard.” — Post Malone, “I Fall Apart”
18. “And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.” ― Khalil Gibran
19. “Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves.” — Hilary T. Smith
20. “It wasn’t love at first sight. It took a full five minutes.” — Lucille Ball
21. “Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” ― Franklin P. Jones.
22. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” ― Thomas Merton
23. “I just need you and some sunsets.” — Atticus
24. “Are you made of copper and tellurium? Because you’re CuTe.”
25. “Suddenly life has new meaning to me, there’s beauty up above and things we never take notice of, you wake up suddenly you’re in love.” ― Billy Ocean
26. “Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like.”
27. “The best part about getting to know you is anticipating that each day brings new surprises that are all about you” ― Robin Raven
28. “People who love to eat are always the best people.” — Julia Child
29. “In all the world there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world there is no love for you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
30. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” ― Plato
31. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
32. “Nobody really likes us except for us.” — Drake, “6 God”
33. “You have a place in my heart no one could ever have.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
32. “Love must be learned, and learned again and again; there is no end to it.” ― Katherine Anne Porter
33. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” ― Nicholas Sparks
34. “What is done in love is done well.” — Vincent van Gogh
35. “You make me feel like I am everywhere when I am right here, completely still with you.” ― Crystal Woods
36. “I think perhaps love comes from finding someone you feel utterly comfortable with, someone who makes you comfortable with yourself. It’s like… finding yourself, or maybe it’s like finding the other part of yourself.” ― Candice Proctor
37. “yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
38. “New love is grand. Savor all the crazy, muddled might of it.” ― Eli Easton
39. “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” ― Charles Dickens
40. “We didn’t realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.” — A. A. Milne
41. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” — Carl Jung
42. “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself – to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” ― Leo Buscaglia
43. “Love is the flower; you’ve got to let it grow.” ― John Lennon
44. “Even miracles take a little time.” — Cinderella
45. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.” ― Rumi
46. “I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.” ― Josephine Angelini
47. “But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood, and seized my heart.” ― Maria V. Snyder
48. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies” ― Aristotle
49. “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” — Woody Allen
50. “We are most alive when we’re in love.” — John Updike
Alison Cerri is an editorial intern at YourTango. When she’s not writing, she can be found on a run or at rugby practice.