Ah, April Fools’ Day. The one day of the year I make a concerted effort to stay under my covers and avoid people at all costs. Who am I kidding? That’s every day of the year.
But April Fools’ Day is particularly difficult when you already have trust issues because people think that their April fools’ pranks are funny stuff. So personally, I’m always on the lookout for the best April Fools memes to express that unparalleled frustration.
After all, whenever someone posts a somewhat controversial Facebook status, I’m the first one handing out the side-eye of doubt any day of the year.
And on April 1st, all posts must immediately be deemed suspicious.
One year, not too long ago, my friend shared the news that she was pregnant on Facebook. Everyone and their mother jumped in to congratulate her and just as I was about to comment, I realized the date: April 1. Then I remembered that this woman hates children, so obviously 2 + 2 = 4 = NOT TRUE!
I think that joke was just plain cruel given that currently, “more than 5 million people of childbearing age in the United States — or one in every 10 couples — have problems with infertility.” So enough with the fake pregnancy news this year, OK?
Then there are the pranks. Fun, right? Wrong! I’m not really a Grinch and I do enjoy a good joke, but when it comes to making a fool out of someone, it’s just not cool. And if you’re over the age of 13, it’s even less cool. Got that, Frank from accounting? No more hiding staplers in my jello!
Yes, April Fools’ Day is meant to be a time to have fun, but keep in mind that people do have feelings. Even anti-social introverts like myself. And sometimes, these pranks or jokes or even hoaxes really can cause someone to lose their trust in you year-round, even if there is a whole freakin’ holiday dedicated to them.
Come on, you silently love all the funny animal memes, hilarious cat memes, and haha funny funny memes that barrage our social media on this special day. Even if you don’t love memes, humor some April Fools’ Day memes that will get you in a happier spirit. And hey, even without jokes, funny pictures can still steal the show.
So here’s my idea: Let’s leave funny post-it notes on people’s desks, send texts with jokes or emojis, and post funny memes, GIFs, and videos on our social media. But let’s cut the tricks and pranks.
I’m too old for this stuff, and you probably are too (#sorrynotsorry).
To get you started in that vein, enjoy these funny April Fools’ Day memes and funny April fools jokes that perfectly sum up how I sure feel about the day.
April Fools’ Day Memes
1. Rent? What’s that?
“When your landlord asks for a check on April Fools’ Day.”
2. No, I refuse to be pranked.
“Feeling confident no one will prank me because everyone thinks it’s still March.”
3. For all you arachnophobes out there.
“It’s that time of year again…”
4. Ha, ha, so funny when everything is canceled.
“Yeah, April Fools’ Day is canceled due to social distancing.”
5. Not the brownies we were expecting…
“April Fools’ Day brown E’s.”
6. Fools, fools I tell you.
“April fools — April fools everywhere!”
7. Yum, minty fresh.
“This is the evilest April fool prank I’ve ever seen!”
Credit: The Sun
8. And life is not funny.
“Who needs April Fools when your whole life is a joke?”
Credit: The Sun
9. I wouldn’t test Samuel L. Jackson if I were you.
“Go ahead, April Fools me. I double dare you.”
Credit: The Sun
10. Yo, fools, pay attention.
“It’s April, fools!”
Credit: Own Age Pranks
11. What a way to throw off the whole office all day.
“Best office prank award goes to…”
12. Pranks are coming.
“Brace yourselves — The April Fools pranks are coming.”
13. I think this may create a sticky situation.
“Some people just want to watch the world burn.”
14. Giant bugs are not funny…
“An easy, cheap, and funny April Fools’ idea — You can thank me later.”
15. Really confuse someone, especially at like 6 am.
“April Fools — put a piece of cling wrap under the cap of a shampoo bottle so it won’t pour.”
16. You can give it but you can’t take it.
“The face you make when someone pranks you on April Fools Day.”
17. Watch out or a shark will jump up and bite you in the butt.
18. Gosh how optical illusions can fool us.
“How to float — 1. Pour water on ground 2. Step away from water.”
19. Whoever this girl is, she is a genius.
“A kid at my school has been hiding these behind the windows.”
20. I didn’t know that mirrors need repairs when they are all together.
“Mirror under repair. Please do not use.”
21. Really scare someone when they are least expecting it.
“Next time a stranger talks to me when I’m alone, I will look at them shocked and whisper quietly ‘You can see me?'”
22. Oh, you will be finding glitter for years.
“Need a good prank/revenge? Loose glitter on top of the fan blades in a bedroom;)”
23. Oh men think that they are so funny.
“Thanks dad for the Ipad.”
24. And you can’t have April Fools’ Day without Madea.
“Y’all too old to be talking about ‘April Fools Day’, Today is April 1st, I hope y’all got that rent money.”
25. Someone is in for an explosive surprise.
“Mentos ice bomb for your friends that love soda. Thanks Satan!”
26. Cadbury grapes, anyone?
27. A mayo-nut.
28. Well, you can make going to the bathroom a little easier…
“This is how to get disowned hahaha.”
29. Ah, that early morning shower of bliss, then step on bubble wrap and mess up someone’s whole day.
30. Get ready for early morning screams with this one.
“A shower rug that turns red when wet. Best way to scare the hell out of your visitors.”
April Fools’ Day Quotes
31. Here they come…
“Brace yourselves. The April Fools’ pranks are coming.”
32. Trust no one!
“Just a warning that on April Fools’ Day, my natural distrust of others will be ratcheted up to a level bordering on psychosis.”
33. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
“Y’all too old to be talking bout April Fools’ Day. It’s April 1st, hope y’all got that rent money.”
34. Lies on the internet? FOR SHAME!
“If tomorrow is April 1st, does that mean that more people than usual will lie on the internet?”
“It’s April Fools’ Day. Trust nothing and nobody. Just like any other day.”
36. Sometimes the real world is a hard pill to swallow.
“Here’s to hoping this is all just a big April Fools joke.”
37. The dog knows!
“No one can be trusted.”
38. Shouldn’t we always be doing this?
“April Fools’ Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.”
39. Sadly, the Coronavirus pandemic is no joke.
“April Fools Day is canceled this year, as no made up prank could match the unbelievable crap happening in the real world right now.”
40. If only this could be true.
“My only hope for April Fools’ Day is that Trump announces this has all been a monumental prank.”
41. Let’s not and say we didn’t.
“Let’s rename April Fools’ Day to, ‘National Let’s Pretend We’re Pregnant On Facebook Day.'”
42. It’s only funny because it’s true.
“Who needs April Fools’ when your whole life is a joke?”
43. No little kitten friend, not yet, I’m afraid.
“Is it safe to come out yet?”
44. You never know who to trust on April 1st.
“It’s April Fools day and I’m not believing any of that crap. Even if you’re dying, tell me tomorrow.”
45. Life’s a joke sometimes.
“When it’s April Fools day, but your entire life is a prank.”
46. Don’t test me.
“I dare you to say ‘April fools’ one more time…”
47. Gotcha! April fools!
“Think you you can’t be fooled? You just were. Read it again.”
48. Never believe what’s on Facebook. Especially on April 1st.
“It’s April Fools, so don’t believe anything you read on Facebook! You know, just like every other day.”
49. Catch 22.
“If my milk expires on April 1st, does that mean my milk isn’t really expired?”
50. When you have to work on April Fools day.
“The best office prank I pull on April Fools day is pretending I like being here.”
Liza Walter is a writer who focuses on current events, pop culture, and true crime. Follow her on Twitter for more.