There is nothing like having a bad start to a day. It can completely ruin the way you think and feel, and it becomes harder and harder to turn your attitude back around.
Fortunately, the power of your thoughts is greater than you may think. Saying positive morning affirmations first thing as you start your day can help you have a good morning — and your dream life!
Productivity can be thrown out of the window if you wake up every morning focusing on anything other than what it is you need in order to be happy and successful.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements or beliefs meant to challenge, counteract or negate unwanted and unhelpful thoughts, refocusing your mind on those that are helpful and wanted.
The use of affirmations in western culture was popularized by author and Hay House founder Louise Hay, a key figure in the self-help movement, in the 1980s. After successfully overcoming her battle with cervical cancer, Hay became an advocate of what would soon become known as self-affirmation theory and the idea that daily affirmations and positive thinking have the power to transform our lives and health.
Hay believed that “your point of power is always in the present moment, where you plant the mental seeds for creating new experiences. You’re never stuck, for you can choose new thoughts and new ways of thinking.”
Do morning affirmations work, and if so, how?
Scientific studies have found that yes, regular use of positive affirmations can provide benefits to your life, health and overall well-being. Of note, a team researchers from the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School for Communication, the University of Michigan and UCLA using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) observed significatnt changes in brain activity caused by the use of positive affirmations.
“Affirmation takes advantage of our reward circuits, which can be quite powerful,” explains study co-leader Christopher Cascio. “Many studies have shown that these circuits can do things like dampen pain and help us maintain balance in the face of threats.”
Daily positive affirmations allow you to make changes in your life as you realize that you have the ability to control your happiness as you choose how you let things affect you.
As life coach Susan Shearer Young explains, the Law of Attraction dictates that “it’s your thoughts, the visions in your head, and the actions you take that attract what you want and create your reality.”
If you tell yourself that because your morning didn’t start off right that you won’t have a great day, that’s likely to become a self-fulfilling prophecy — and the opposite is also true.
How to Start A Daily Affirmations Routine
Incorporating positive affirmations into your daily routine is easy. It’s simply about starting your day with positive thoughts and gratitude.
First, think about what you want to manifest in your life. Is it success? Happiness? Or maybe love? Choose an affirmation that fits your need. Next, simply make repeating that statment Ipart of your morning routine by saying it to yourself each day when you first wake up.
45 Examples of Positive Morning Affirmations
Morning Affirmations For Health
1. I am feeling healthy and strong today.
2. I send love to each organ, bone, and muscle in my body.
3. I am open and receptive to healing energy.
4. My body is worthy of love and healthy choices.
5. I thank my body through exercise and healthy choices.
6. I am a healthy and happy person.
7. My body is a vessel of wellness.
8. I lovingly do everything I can to assist my body in maintaining health.
9. Today I focus on what makes me feel good.
10. Good health comes from love and appreciation.
11. I am investing in my health because I know I am worth it.
Morning Affirmations For Happiness
12. I know each day is a blessing and a gift.
13. Today is going to be a really, really good day.
14. I am excited to wake up each morning and experience this beautiful life, that I am creating with my thoughts and visions.
15. Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile, and start again.
16. My life is a gift. I will use this gift with confidence, joy, and exuberance.
17. Today I align myself with freedom, growth, and joy.
18. I release all resistance of the past and move into the present moment.
19. No negative thought will take root in my mind.
20. I am joyful every day and create joy for others.
Morning Affirmations For Success
21. My life is a blast of growing opportunity because I never stop creating.
22. I am fulfilling my purpose in this world.
23. I give myself permission to go after what I want.
24. I have the power to create all the success and prosperity I desire.
25. I am grateful that my life is so happy and successful.
26. I wake up every morning ready for a new day of exciting possibilities.
27. To be positive is to be productive.
28. Today I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
29. I am determined and will never give up.
Morning Affirmations For Confidence
30. I believe in my ultimate potential.
31. My thoughts do not control me, I control my thoughts.
32. I am thankful for what I have, even if it is not perfect.
33. I work well under pressure and always feel motivated.
34. I have everything I need to face any obstacles that come.
35. I am learning to trust the journey.
36. I greet this day with confidence and ease.
Morning Affirmations For Love
37. I am worthy of a healthy, loving relationship.
38. The partner I seek is also seeking me and I now release any blocks that are standing in between us.
39. I am attracting the perfect person for me.
40. I love who I am, and so does my partner.
41. My mind and my heart will remain open today.
42. I am open to love.
43. I find love everywhere I go.
44. The universe is bringing my soulmate to me.
45. I happily give and receive love each day.
Whether you say it in the mirror as your brush your teeth or write it down at the top of your to-do list each day, the more you repeat it, the more real it will feel and eventually become.
Choosing to start your day off by feeding yourself positive and motivational thoughts is a sure way to lead to happiness. Before you know it, your negative thoughts will be less likely to appear — but when they do pop up, you use your affirmations as a way to defeat them.
Alexis George is a writer who covers love, relationship advice, astrology and personality topics.