Sometimes when life gets tough, the best you can do is look back at the good times and smile.
Some of the peak moments in our lives are immortalized in photographs, and there’s nothing better than reminiscing about the stories behind each of our favorite pictures, especially in #tbt Instagram posts on Throwback Thursdays.
These memories can be from your favorite college parties, an amazing vacation, or even your happiest baby photos so it’s natural you’ll want to find the best throwback captions or quotes to accompany them.
No matter the occasion, capturing memories to hold on to forever is a great way to remember all the good times you’ve had and how much there is for you to look forward to.
To help you out, we put together this list of the 40 best throwback Instagram captions and quotes we could find.
Some are funny, others are cheesy and lots are super cute, but all of them will sure to make you and your followers smile.
Sweet and Cute Throwback Captions
1. “Just trying to avoid the present by living in the past.”
2. “Hey travel, I’m ready when you are.”
3. “Life moves on, but these memories are forever.”
4. “They say a picture speaks a thousand words, this one only says 3: I miss this.”
5. “I want a do-over.”
6. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?” — C.S. Lewis
7. “Can’t wait to tell my grandkids about moments like these.”
8. “Good times with even better people.”
9. “I’ll take a one-way ticket back to this moment right here, please.”
10. “Reliving this moment over and over again with this photo.”
11. “The past beats inside me like a second heart.” — John Banville
12. “I’m never taking anything for granted ever again.”
13. “I wish you were here with us, but wish I was back there even more.”
14. “I’m homesick for anywhere that isn’t my home.”
15. “These pictures don’t do this moment justice. I guess I’ll just have to go back!”
16. “We do not remember days; we remember moments.” — Cesare Pavese
17. “Memories are the diary we carry with us.”
18. Humans, not places, make memories.
19. Blessed with the best.
20. “Yesterday is but today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream.” — Kahlil Gibran
21. “Hold on to your memories tight, but your dreams even tighter.”
22. “Nothing is lost so long as we remember it.”
23. “If you love something, you’ve got to let it go. But all I want to do is go back.”
24. “Little moments, big memories.”
Throwback Selfie Captions
25. “Them: Take a picture, it will last longer. Me: Okay!”
26. “If I could tell my younger self one thing, it would be to take better photos.”
27. “Wait, can I go back? I think I left my happiness behind.”
28. “Staying strong through tough times is the only way to make it to the good times.”
29. “I’m good at living in the moment, but better at reliving this moment.”
30. “Oh, so this is what they meant when the said these are the best years of your life.”
31. When I grow up, I want to be my past self.
Funny Throwback Captions
32. “Ah yes, the good ol’ days… 3 months ago!”
33. “I can’t wait to *sea* you again.”
34. “Life was simpler back in the days of play dates and sleepovers.”
35. “I love looking back at old photos with my kids because in pictures they are silent and aren’t bothering me for snacks.”
36. “Memories fade but Instagram is forever.”
37. “I never thought I’d say it, but I actually miss school.”
Throwback Captions from Song Lyrics and Movies
38. “I live for the nights that I can’t remember with the people that I won’t forget.” — Drake, “Show Me a Good Time”
39. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it.” — Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
40. “‘Cause our days were numbered by nights on too many rooftops. They said we’d burn so bright.” — Cartel, “Burn This City”
41. “My God, this reminds me of when we were young.” — Adele, “When We Were Young”
42. “You should see me in a crown.” Billie Eilish, “You Should See Me In A Crown”
43. “Time makes you bolder, even children get older. And I’m getting older too.” — Fleetwood Mac, “Landslide”
44. “Will you recognize me? Call my name or walk on by?” — Simple Minds, “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”
45. “Our little group has always been, and always will until the end.” — Nirvana, “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Alice Kelly is a writer with a passion for lifestyle, entertainment, and trending topics.