When you’re preparing for Mother’s Day, remember to recognize your grandmother, too! She’s a strong woman who is there for her grandchildren no matter what, and these happy Mother’s Day grandma quotes prove just that.
A grandmother’s love is unconditional. She gets to spoil her grandchildren, which all grandmas love to do, and give them experiences they wouldn’t otherwise have. Grandmas make sure you’re shooting for the stars and are the best you can be.
Being a grandma is special because she gets to be more than just a parent. There are things grandmas can do with grandchildren that they can’t do with their own children, making it quite a special bond. A grandma holds her grandchildrens’ best interest in her heart, and her love holds no bounds.
This year, take a minute to wish her the best by sending one of these Happy Mother’s Day quotes for grandma. Make sure she knows how much she means to you and do something extra special for her — because she’s always doing something for you.
Over this past year, life has been tough for grandmothers all around the world — many still haven’t left their homes due to the pandemic and have spent far too long being alone. So make this year’s Mother’s day count and celebrate grandma in a way she’ll never forget.
Celebrate grandma with a Mother’s Day card (or a sweet text if she’s tech-savvy). If you’re stumped on what to write in your Mother’s Day card for grandma, you want something more than just something cliché; maybe talk about how she’s influenced you or reminisce about the good times.
And if your grandmother is no longer here, show your love for her by leaving flowers on her resting place, sending floating sky lanterns into the sky, or saying a prayer for her peace. You can even write a tribute that describes all her personal accomplishments, including you.
Here are the best Happy Mother’s Day quotes for grandmothers to express your appreciation for everything she’s done.
1. “Everyone needs to have access both to grandparents and grandchildren in order to be a full human being” — Margaret Mead
2. “It’s such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother, that’s why the world calls her grandmother.”
3. “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special.” — Catherine Pulsifer
4. “Grandmother: A wonderful mother with lots of practice.”
5. “A grandparent is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.”
6. “Being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is.” — Deborah Williams and Linda A. Johnson
7. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” — Barbara Cage
8. “Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security.” — David Jeremiah
9. “My deceased grandmother on my mom’s side was a real fairy godmother, who lived to be 102 and who I always feel is looking after me.” — Victoria Clark
10. “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.” — Janet Lanese
11. “Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.”
12. “As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.” — Prince William
13. “You don’t really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother” — Albert Einstein
14. “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” — Doug Larson
15. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” — Pam Brown
16. “There’s no place like home — except Grandma’s.”
17. “A grandmother is both a sword and a shield.” — Fredrik Backman
18. “Grandmothers and roses are much the same. Each is God’s masterpieces with different names.”
19. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian Proverb
20. “When a child is born, so are grandmothers.” — Judith LevyJust
21. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” — Welsh Proverb
22. “A house needs a grandma in it.” — Louisa May Alcott
23. “I’m a grandmother, and a mighty proud one.” — Sara Paretsky
24. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first.” — Lois Wyse
25. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — Alex Haley
26. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day, and now the day was complete.” — Marcy DeMaree
27. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence. Grandmother was that person to me.” — Phyllis Theroux
28. “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.”
29. “Grandmothers are just antique little girls.”
30. “Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts.” — Bryna Nelson Paston
31. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.” — Helen Ketchum
32. “Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while but our hearts forever.”
33. “Being a mom was the most wonderful thing. Being a grand-mom I am completely undone.” — Jeanie Rhoade
34. “Grandma’s heart is a patchwork of love.”
35. “I never knew just how much love this heart could hold until I became a grandma.”
36. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” — Ogden Nash
37. “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren.” — Janice Elliott-Howard
38. “A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love.”
39. “Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies.”
40. “Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends.” — Trudy Jo Hahn Snader
Emily Francos is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics. For more of her content, follow her on Facebook.