Christmas time is one of the most joyous and stressful times of the year.
Yes, you’re often surrounded by friends and family, but you’re also juggling events and your planner probably doesn’t have much empty space.
In the midst of all the holiday chaos, turning to funny memes and quotes about Christmas can get you through times like this by bringing a smile to your face.
Getting together with relatives and buying gifts for loved ones can be overwhelming. More often than not you or your family members are traveling and your holiday schedule hardly leaves time to eat.
However, remember that this is the time of year where you get to show how much you appreciate one another and spend some quality time with your favorite people.
Seeing the smiles on your loved one’s faces when you arrive at the party or meeting up with friends you only see every so often is the greatest gift ever.
Christmas time is a magical time when anything can happen and shouldn’t be squandered by stress and exhaustion.
If you’re feeling the need for relief from holiday season stress, here are the 40 best funny Christmas quotes and memes to help you relax.
1. There’s nothing like a little wine to ease the holiday stress.
“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. But if the white runs out, I’ll drink the red.”
2. Santa sees everything, including your Instagram account.
“Santa saw your Instagram pictures you’re getting clothes and a Bible for Christmas.”
3. The guilt is real.
“Dear Santa, I’ve been good all year. Most of the time. Once in a while. Never mind, I’ll buy my own stuff.”
4. Choosing the right Christmas outfit can be a big deal deal.
“You’ve got a lot of balls coming in here dressed like that.”
5. That’s Christmas in 2019 for you.
“Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, everyone was on their phone.”
6. My goal is to be as lit as my Christmas tree.
“Lets get lit.”
7. Rum can be your best friend when it comes to Christmas family time.
“Let’s put rum in pa-rum, pum, pum, pum.”
8. Christmas trees and pets don’t mix well.
“Thank goodness your home … the Christmas tree fainted.”
9. When you know that your house will be a mess the day after Christmas.
“Dear Santa, Please bring me a self-cleaning house for Christmas this year. Thank you.”
10. Christmas can be expensive holiday …
“It’s beginning to cost a lot like Christmas.”
11. Santa keeps mixing the two up.
“Dear Santa. This year please give me a big fat bank account and a slim body. Please don’t mix those two up like you did last year. Thanks.”
12. I need more than a hug, Buddy.
“Does somebody need a hug? ” — Buddy the Elf (from “Elf”)
13. It’s the naughtiest time of the year.
“I heard those stockings were hung!”
14. Sometimes the reindeer get it wrong.
“No, no, no! I said, ‘off to the Schmidt house.'”
15. Well when you put it that way …
“Christmas (noun). The only time in the year in which one can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks.”
16. It all makes sense now.
“Did you eat all your beans?” … “13 cans!”
17. Sounds like I’m a candy cane.
“Sweet, but twisted. Does that makes me a candy cane?”
18. You’ve waited 365 days to say this.
“Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.” — Kevin McCallister in “Home Alone”
19. Prepare for the aftermath of the food coma.
“When what to my wondering eyes should appear … but 10 extra pounds on hips, thighs, and rear.”
20. This explains a lot.
“When I was a kid, my parents told me I didn’t exist.”
21. Kids are something else.
“Dear Santa, if you leave a new bike under the tree, I will give you the antidote to the poison I put in the milk. Timmy.”
22. When recruitment gets it wrong for Santa.
“Hello? Is that the recruitment agency? I think there’s been a mixup … I asked for ‘Elves!'”
23. I made it simple for you.
“Dear Santa, please refer to my Pinterest boards.”
24. I’ll ask Santa for some wise men.
“A virgin birth I can believe, but finding three wise men?”
25. It’s the only time a mess is OK.
“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day.” — Andy Rooney
26. The truth about celebrating Christmas.
“Once again, we come to the holiday season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” — Dave Barry
27. When Santa has trouble coming down the chimney.
“Houston, we have a problem!!!”
28. Not everyone is OK with a fat man in a red suit breaking into their house.
“What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic!”
29. Wrapping is my specialty.
“I’m a gangsta wrapper.”
30. Christmas puns make everything better.
“Now, that’s gotta hurt …”
32. What does it mean to be good?
“Dear Santa, define good!”
33. How snowmen and snowwomen have kids.
“Would you look at that? They’re making a baby right in the front yard! It’s disgraceful.”
34. Turns out Santa is just like us around celebrities.
“I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store, and he asked for my autograph.” — Shirley Temple
35. Snowman hit the gym, too.
“Whoa, Carl! You been working out?”
36. The last one is very important.
“As we gather together this holiday season, may our hearts be Grateful. Our mugs be full, and out pants be stretchy!”
37. Hot tubs aren’t for everyone.
“Whose idea was it to invite Frosty over to our hot tub?”
38. Santa’s spell-checking your posts twice.
“Santa saw your Facebook status’s … he’s getting you a dictionary for Christmas.”
39. Mailmen are busy during this time of year, too.
“Who are you?”
“I’m the mailman. I’m delivering the bills for all of the stuff that’s in your bag.”
40. Families are a mixed bunch.
“Families are like fudge. Mostly sweet with a few nuts.”
Jonathan Mui is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.