On this year’s Mother’s Day, as well as every day of the year, realize just how lucky you are that you’ve had the same best friend your entire life: your mother.
Your mom is the type of person you can talk to about anything. You never have to worry about her moving away or growing apart. And it won’t happen anyway because the love between a mother and daughter is unbreakable.
The best message to tell your mom is that she’s your closest friend, one you’ll have for life. Tell her she did a great job allowing you to grow, prosper, and that you love her for it.
And while you’re at it, show your mom these Mother’s Day quotes from her daughter — you!
As a mom, Mother’s Day can be a little weird, especially if your beautiful daughter is now a mom herself. Now you get to give advice on raising kids and how to navigate motherhood. It’s a whole new aspect of your daughter’s life, and you get to share it with her.
Expressing your feelings and love for your daughter may be hard to put into words, but you can always use inspiring Mother’s Day quotes for daughters to send a message of adoration. Whether it’s a page long, or is short and sweet, she will love it regardless.
Write down all your gratitude, appreciation, and love for your Mother’s Day card on this special day. And if you have a funny mom, put a good joke in there! Maybe something about how sorry you are for all the messes she had to clean up, all the fights you had when you were a teen, or even the time she had to bail you out of jail.
We don’t always realize how special the bond is between a daughter and her mother. We will have multiple friends and relationships throughout our lives, but we only get one mother.
Sometimes, it can be hard not to take this relationship for granted, so try to cherish it as much as you can, and continue to be grateful for your mom’s positive influence in your life.
To celebrate, here are the best mother-daughter quotes that break down this one-of-a-kind relationship.
Daughter to Mother Quotes
1. “I love my mom, no matter what we go through, no matter how much we argue, I know in the end, she’ll always be there for me.”
2. “My mother, she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” — Jodi Picoult
3. “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me prosper and reach great heights.” — Terri Guillemets
4. “My mom is the greatest mom in the whole wide world. She’s done everything for me to make my dreams come true.” — Josh Hutcherson
5. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln
Mother to Daughter Quotes
6. “A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.” — Bruce Barton
7. “I love you for the little girl that you once were, for the amazing woman you are today, and for the precious daughter you will always be.” — Your Mom
8. “I don’t want my daughter to follow in my footsteps. I want her to walk the path beside me and go even further than I could have ever dreamed.” — Mom
9. “To my daughter I will say, see your beauty without a compliment or a mirror.” — Your Mom
10. “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous… full of beauty and forever beautiful… loving and caring and truly amazing.” — Deanna Beisser
11. “You’ll be her first role model, her first friend, her first love. You are her mom and she is your whole world. She is your little girl.”
12. “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter.” — Anita Diamant
13. “A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” — Dorothy C. Fisher
14. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” — Bethany Hamilton
15. A mother’s love endures from your first breath to her last.” — Susan Gale
16. “To the world, you are one mother. But to your daughter, you are the world.”
17. “First my mother, forever my friend.”
18. A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” — Catherine Pulsifer
19. “The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” — Jodi Picoult
20. “As they get older, our daughters become more and more like us too.” — Amy Newmark
21. “A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.”
22. “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” — Cardinal Mermillod
23. “You’re a very special lady, who showered me with love. I am thankful for you as I’ve told God above.” — Charly Lester
24. “Each day I give thanks for you and appreciate all that you do.” — Catherine Pulsifer
25. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” — Jill Churchill
26. “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.”
27. “Dear daughters, If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes.”
28. “Mother and daughter, it’s a special bond that spans the years. Through laughter, worry, smiles, and tears. A sense of trust that can’t be broken, a depth of love sometimes unspoken, a lifelong friendship built on sharing, hugs and kisses, warmth and caring, mother and daughter their hearts as one. A link that can never be undone.”
29. “My daughter, I look at you and I do not see the passage of time. I see my little girl playing dress-up, running through the yard, playing on a swing. I will try and respect the fact that you are older now and that the decisions that you will make are your own, but you must understand that to me, you will always be my little girl. I may not be able to carry you in my arms anymore, but I will always carry you in my heart.”
30. “Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter.” — Caitlin Houston
Funny Quotes For Mother’s Day
31. “My mom never taught me to be waiting for some prince on a white horse to sweep me off my feet.” — Tyra Banks
32. “The phrase ‘working mother’ is redundant.” — Jane Sellman
33. “All I know is that I carried you for nine months. I fed you, I clothed you, I paid for your college education. Friending me on Facebook seems like a small thing to ask in return.” — Jodi Picoult
34. “My mom is literally a part of me. You can’t say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors.” — Carrie Latet
35. “Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away.” — Heather Gudenkauf
Quotes for Mother’s Day Card
36. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others, but whose place no one else can take.”
37. “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” — E.E. Cummings
38. “The dearest things I know are what you are.” — Oscar Hammerstein II
39. “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” — Oprah Winfrey
40. “What sunshine is to flowers, and tides are to the sea, is nowhere as important you’re being in my life is to me.” — C. Stellar
Sloane Solomon is a YourTango editor and writer who covers pop culture, lifestyle topics, and love and relationships.