Astrology is seeing a huge surge in popularity, and these astrology quotes help explain why.
In layman’s terms, astrology is the study of the correlation between the positions of the planets and other astronomical events at the time of your birth, your personality, and the overall course of your life.
Your zodiac sign, according to astrology, tells you almost everything about yourself: strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes.
Astrology may seem like a loaded term, confusing and misunderstood. However, the practice can help give people guidance during confusing times in their lives.
It is not easy to always know what should come next or how to go about dealing with certain situations — astrology can help ease some of those worries.
If you are feeling lost or without purpose, seek an astrologer to help you discover what may be missing in your life. It also may be fun to simply go to an astrologer and have them give you the basics of your zodiac sign if you are unsure of its true meaning.
Here are quotes from famous astrologers and astrology believers on what astrology is and what it is not.
1. “Astrology reveals the will of the gods.” — Juvenal
2. “We need not feel ashamed of flirting with the zodiac. The zodiac is well worth flirting with.” — D.H. Lawrence
3. “The starry vault of heaven is in truth the open book of cosmic projection…” — Carl Jung
4. “Astrology is one of the oldest and most accurate tools known to mankind.” — Chris Flisher
5. “Astrology is a Language. If you understand this language, The Sky Speaks to You.” — Dane Rudhyar
6. “Your path is illuminated by a roadmap of stars. I am here to guide you!” — Ambika Devi
7. “The soul of the newly born baby is marked for life by the pattern of the stars at the moment it comes into the world, unconsciously remembers it, and remains sensitive to the return of configurations of a similar kind.” — Johannes Kepler
8. “For all its complexity, however, astrology remains fundamentally simple. It offers a time-honored system of symbols that sum up key aspects of human life while providing profound insights and practical guidance.” — Anne M. Nordhaus-Bike
9. “We are merely the stars’ tennis balls, struck and banded which way please them.” — John Webster
10. “The astronomer has a starry map of the past; the astrologer, of our futures.” — Terri Guillemets
11. “Astrology is one of the earliest attempts made by man to find the order hidden behind or within the confusing and apparent chaos that exists in the world.” — Karen Hanmaker-Zondag
12. “About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.” — Kurt Vonnegut
13. “Astrology is assured of recognition from psychology, without further restrictions, because astrology represents the summation of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity.” — Carl Jung
14. “We are born at a given moment, in a given place and, like vintage years of wine, we have the qualities of the year and of the season of which we are born. Astrology does not lay claim to anything more.” — Carl Jung
15. “Astrology is like a weather report; it tells you what conditions you’re likely to face in the future. If the weatherman says it’s probably going to rain, you bring an umbrella. If you follow that advice, you won’t get wet.” — Lee Goldberg
16. “I wonder that thou, being, as you sayest thou art, born under Saturn, goest about to apply a moral medicine to a mortifying mischief.” — William Shakespeare
17. “Without astrology man treads, as it were, in the dim twilight of ignorance.” — Luke Dennis Broughton
18. “Love it or hate it, astrology isn’t going away … but if you give it one honest look, there’s a good chance that you’ll want to know more, because it gives you a feeling that you have the inside scoop — and we all love having the edge on everyone else!” — Mark S. Husson
19. “Astrology is like gravity. You don’t have to believe in it for it to be working in your life.” — Zolar
20. “Astrology is like a game of chess with an invisible partner. We set out the board and the rules, make a move, and then find that the pieces are moving themselves, as if by an invisible hand.” — Noel Tyl
Related Stories From YourTango:
21. “I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.” — Arthur C. Clarke
22. “Astrology is like a map. Like a roadmap, astrology is meant to be a useful tool to help guide you to wherever you want to go.” — Pila of Hawaii
23. “Astrology is like a gateway drug to a more cosmic world view.” — Ruby Warrington
24. “An Astronomer who denies Astrology, is like a butcher who recognizes the brain but is unaware of its transmission of waves. — Ahmed Hulusi
25. “Dabbling in astrology is like carrying a lucky rabbit’s foot as an omen of good luck which costs us very little and might have some beneficial effects.” — Sigfried Fred Singer
26. “Astrology is one of the great languages of our individual psyche’s pulsing relationship to the collective Dream.” — Caroline Casey
27. “Astrology isn’t fortune-telling, nor do astrologers speak of life being fated. As agents of free will, we always have a choice. We need to drive our lives in the direction we choose or else risk having life’s events control us. We usually have more choices than we think we do; our horoscopes can easily suggest possibilities that may have been overlooked.” — Susan Miller
28. “Anyone can be a millionaire, but to become a billionaire you need an astrologer.” — John Pierpont Morgan
29. “The magical thing about astrology is you are completely unique — no chart will ever be replicated again.” — Susan Miller
30. “Astrology is like a roadmap of your life. You don’t have to use your special map. You can ignore it for a while, if you choose, because you drive the car. But the more you veer off your path, the more roadblocks you’ll run into and the more collisions you’ll have. If you follow your map to a T, life becomes a superhighway!” — Maria Shaw
31. “By presenting ambiguous, vague answers, astrology pushes the seeker to extract information that is really not so much there in the answer but in their own subconscious. It unblocks our minds and frees them to see things in a new way.” — Martin Cohen
32. “Learning astrology is like learning any foreign language. You already have the ideas, concepts, and experiences of your life within you; you are just learning a new language for what you are already experiencing.” — Barbara Goldsmith
33. “If you’re an astrology nut, your zodiac sign is the guiding light that tells you what kind of day you’ll have, and who to date, and what to read. And if you’re an astrology hater, your zodiac sign is the thing that your friends who are into astrology keep bringing up to annoy you (as in: Oh, you think the zodiac is stupid? That’s just because you’re a typical Capricorn).” — Charlotte Ahlin
34. “There is nothing in astrology that approaches the normal level of scientific “proof”, but there are intriguing patterns in the data that reveal something about the way we handle complex ideas and information.” — Joe Humphreys
35. “Astrology enables us to feel a connection to this lifetime, as if our existence holds actual weight as thanks to our origination amidst the starry skies.” — Elizabeth Davis
36. “Astrology is one of the oldest and most accurate tools known to mankind.” — Christ Flisher
37. “A physician without a knowledge of Astrology has no right to call himself a physician.” — Hippocrates
38. “Actually, I believe in everything, including astrology and tarot cards. All of it is just another way for people to try and tighten the link to the spirits in our universe. I believe it exists for all people.” — Billy Dee Williams
39. “I was born during an eclipse. I believe very much in astrology. If you were born on an eclipse it indicates your destiny is chaotic.” — Gloria Vanderbilt
40. “Astrology had an important role in the ancient world. You can’t understand many things unless you know something about astrology—the plays of Shakespeare and so on.” — Steven Pinker
Carlie Fox is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.