“Getting over a breakup is easy!” — a quote said by no one, ever.
Breakups are tough. Telling someone you don’t want to be with them anymore sucks and it’s heartbreaking to hear someone say those words to you.
How long does it take to get over a breakup? In the moment, it feels like you’ll never recover from such heartbreak. However, everyone heals from a broken heart at their own pace, while studies estimate the exact time to get over a breakup is around three months.
No matter how long it takes, know that this experience has only made you stronger. The pain will be gut-wrenching now, but it’ll pass.
How do you get over a heartbreak? It’s important to take your time mourning the loss of the relationship, but if he wastes your time then it’s time to pick yourself and move on.
Here are the best getting over a breakup quotes that will help remind you it’s only the beginning and your true love is out there just waiting for you!
1. When you miss who he used to be.
“I don’t miss him. I just miss who I thought he was.”
2. Saying goodbye is never easy.
“We started with a simple hello, but ended with a complicated goodbye.”
3. “When you go through a breakup, it feels like someone died. And the truth is that someone has died – the relationship.” — Osayi Emokpae Lasisi
4. Appreciate the time you spent together.
“You know you really love someone when you can’t hate them for breaking your heart.”
5. Don’t let a bad relationship break up break you.
“She’s been through hell and came out, an angel. You didn’t break her, darling. You don’t own that kind of power.”
5. “Everyone’s allowed to be in love with the wrong person at some point. In fact, it’s a mistake not to be.” ― Harriet Evans
6. Know your worth.
“He’s going to be sorry he lost you, so stop worrying. Forget the past, forget the pain and remember what an incredible woman you are.”
7. It’s OK to grieve the loss of a relationship.
“One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive.”
8. “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.” — Paulo Coelho
9. It’s his loss.
“No more tears, because I didn’t lose you. You lost me.”
10. When they don’t care anymore, stop trying.
“If they don’t chase you when you walk away, keep walking.”
11. “If you love the wrong one so much, just imagine how much you can love the right one.” ― Brandon Stanton
12. You live and you learn.
“I will remember and recover, not forgive and forget.”
13. It’s time to move on.
“If he’s stupid enough to walk away; be smart enough to let him go.”
14. “One of the best times for figuring out who you are & what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ― Mandy Hale
15. This is not the end.
“Cheer up, sweet, beautiful girl. You are going to be in love again and it will be magnificent.”
16. “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” — Mary Pickford
17. You deserve better.
“Respect yourself enough to know you deserve the very best.”
18. The memories will fade.
“It’s not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow.”
19. Keep your head up and look forward to new experiences.
“Starting today, I need to forget what’s gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward to what’s coming next.”
20. “You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” ― John Green
21. When you finally accept the breakup.
“The truth is, we’re better off apart. It just kills me to admit it.”
22. Sometimes it’s better off that way.
“Not friends, not enemies, just strangers with some memories.” — Frank Ocean
23. Let go. You’ll thank yourself later.
“You have to let it all go. The way he kissed you, the way he smelled, the way he touched your waist and pulled you in. You have to let it go and you have to let him go. Because that’s who he was, not who he is.”
24. “And that’s when I know it’s over. As soon as you start thinking about the beginning, it’s the end.” ― Junot Díaz
25. Embrace your fresh start.
“Trust that an ending is followed by a beginning.”
26. If you were meant to be together, you would have been.
“Don’t stress the could haves. If it should have, it would have.”
27. The best is yet to come.
“If you can love the wrong person that much, imagine how much you can love the right one.”
28. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder
29. You can do so much better.
“Your loss, babe.”
30. You’ll come out of this stronger than ever.
“I can’t tell if it’s killing me or it’s making me stronger.”
31. “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” ― Katerina Stoykova Klemer
32. It’s time to let it all go.
“Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.”
33. Wait for someone who makes you a priority.
“If you spend too long holding on to the one who treats you like an option, you’ll miss finding the one who treats you like a priority.”
34. “Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger.” ― Sara Evans
35. When you were worth it, but he was too stupid to see that.
“One day you’re going to wake up and notice that you should’ve tried. I was worth the fight.”
Lauren Margolis is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.