My fellow vagina-card-holding members, let’s take a minute to appreciate the beauty that is us. Because we don’t get enough fucking attention or recognition — and damn it, we should. We are the only ones that can push another human being through our happy hole; try to imagine a man doing that. Yes, I’m laughing, too!
We are so lucky to have had women pioneers the last century fighting for our rights to be a human being, equal to men. Though, come on, we know we’re better than men, right? It’s OK to say it. Scream it: WE ARE FUCKING BETTER!
Doesn’t that feel good?
But seriously, we still have work to do. The pioneering days are not over, sisters! We are still not making equal wages, and believe it or not, there are folks out there who still believe we belong at home, doing chores and making sure dinner is prepared for our man. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing if that’s what you want to do, but there’s no way anyone is going to tell me that I have to do that!
Can you picture a man ordering Madonna to cook him dinner? No? Me neither!
Our generation of young girls are benefiting immensely from all the hard work their ancestors did on their behalf. Because of them, we now have amazing role models for our girls to look up to.
As much as I loved watching sitcoms from the 50’s and 60’s, they were filled with women doing nothing but making messes, and making sure the everything was back in order before their strict husbands arrived home.
We’re better than that ladies. You know it. I know it. And now, the next generation of bad-ass girls will know it, too!
Take a peek at these quotes from some of the most insanely influential women of our time (and times passed), so you can stay motivated to keep kicking ass in your own life, right now.
If you’re searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) … look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we’ve got you covered.
2. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” — Audrey Hepburn
3. “Bitches get stuff done.” — Tina Fey
5. “If you have something about yourself that’s different, you’re lucky. It’s not a curse.” — Taylor Swift
6. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” — Oprah Winfrey
8. “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts … good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with.” — Michelle Obama
9. “Life will test you but remember this, when you walk up a mountain you legs get stronger.” — Unknown
11. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” — Marilyn Monroe
12. “I would rather be handsome for an hour than pretty for a week.” — Tilda Swinton
14. “I will not be any man’s half-time, down time, spare time or sometimes. So don’t waste my time.” — Unknown
15. “Don’t get bitter, just get better.” — Alyssa Edwards
17. “The best protection any woman can have is courage.” — Elizabeth Cady Stanton
18. “I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men, the are far superior and always have been.” — William Golding
20. “It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.” — Byron Katie
21. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” — Katharine Hepburn
23. “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
24. “A woman is like a tea bag –- you never known how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
26. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.” — Mary Louise Alcott
27. “Be a first-rate version of yourself, not a second-rate version of someone else.” — Judy Garland
29. “The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.” — Gloria Steinem
30. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” — Gloria Steinem