Having acne at any age is pretty traumatizing.
From having the occasional pimple here and there to developing severe, cystic acne, hormonal acne, or adult acne, it can make you avoid mirrors or cover your face any chance you get.
We have all suffered from some sort of acne in our lives, but there are some of us who literally can’t remember having clear skin.
You mean there is a world where I wake up and have smooth, pimple-free skin? Who knew!?
Those who are lucky enough to not suffer from acne know that us zit warriors have tried everything under the sun to clear our skin. From DIY mud masks, Proactiv, birth control, face steamers, washing our face, not washing our face, etc.
At some point, you just have to accept that your skin is your skin and no matter how hard you try, your body just has to do its thing.
But, wear makeup if it makes you feel more confident, or don’t wear makeup if you don’t want to. Surround yourself in a judgment-free zone when it comes to your skin.
I know what you’re thinking — yeah, it sucks. But, there are so many people out there who relate to the struggle.
So, now we can all agree that acne at any age sucks. But, we can find ways to laugh about it, right?
Take a look at these funny, relatable acne quotes about pimples that you can use for your Instagram captions so you don’t have to worry about facetuning your zits off.
You can still be beautiful with acne. If you have acne, you can be confident by focusing on your other strengths.
If you’re reading this, you’re not the only one with acne problems. But looking through funny quotes and inspirational quotes about acne can help you get through it.
1. “Dear pimples, if you’re going to live on my face, I need to see some rent.” — Mary B. Dunn
2. “Pretty sure everyone that came over last night asked me what was on the side of my face as if they’ve never seen a zit before.” — Colton Blakley
3. “I think I’m developing stress acne and it is stressing me out so much which is NOT GOOD.” — Evan Edinger
4. “Acne is not something that is physically debilitating; It’s more so emotionally debilitating.” — Mary B. Dunn
5. “If someone makes rude remarks about your acne, say ‘Too bad you can’t photoshop your ugly personality.'” — Joe King
6. “To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it.” — Frank N. Stein
7. “I hate when people without acne just assume you don’t wash your face…”Just wash your face,’ they say… It’s not that easy!!” — Lee Vitoff
8. “God gave me good looks and a wild personality he said this girl is too good I gotta balance her out with some occasional acne.” — Paigey F Baby
9. “When your skin is finally clearing up and you get a lil’ too confident and then your acne comes back.” — Brighton Early
10. “Yes, I have bad skin. No, you don’t need to point it out to me.” — Al E. Gater
11. “Ok hormonal acne. You can leave now. I’m 30. This is no longer funny.” — Drew A. Head
12. “The moon has acne scars and she is still beautiful, so.” — Ben Bette Err
13. “It’s not hoarding if its skincare.” —Sally Forth
14. “Healthy skin doesn’t happen overnight.” — Earl E. Bird
15. “Happiness is a habit. So is your skincare.” — Sarah Nader
16. “Can we get more people with acne in the media. I’m tired of seeing perfect skin.” — Sandy Beech
17. “Yes, I take birth control pills. No, not so I can have sex all the time.” — Shirley U. Care
18. “I’ll consider myself old when I stop getting pimples.” — Emma Nate
19. “Periods are red. I’m feeling blue. Screw your hormones. Mother nature, I hate you.” — Felix Cited
20. “It seems that for many the cure to acne is at the end of their fork, not in a prescription pad.” — Mark E. Hyman
21. “If I have to draw attention away from some hormone-induced acne on my chin, I put on a lot of mascara.” — Olivia Wilde
22. “My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” — Tina Fey
23. “Yes, I understand it’s bad timing, but if you could SEE the size of the zit on my nose, you’d agree that calling in sick was my only option.” — Bianca
24. “I have a zit on my double chin what a time to be alive.” — Christine Sydelko
25. “Is acne hot yet? I’m patiently waiting in the wings.” — Steve Dutzy
26. “*Strategically places SnapChat text box over acne* ” — Nick Parker
27. “Having short hair really allows my jawline acne to shine.” — Maisie Maupin
28. “Why does my body keep producing acne why can’t it focus on more important things like growing wings or making me hot.” — Levy Tate
29. “Miracles are like pimples, because once you start looking for them, you find more than you ever dreamed you’d see.” — Daniel Handler
30. “Where do you go to celebrate finally getting rid of your acne? I’m heading to Taco Bell and I feel like that’s wrong.” — Lori Driver
Carlie Fox is a writer who writes about love, relationships, self-care, spirituality, and astrology.