In life, there are moments you might feel discouraged and maybe feel tempted to give up.
It can seem hard to hold out faith that opportunities are just around the corner, and that motivation to hold on can easily dwindle.
You might be looking for inspiration to seize the moment and conquer any obstacles that may come your way.
Here are 30 quotes about opportunity to help you motivate to seize the moment.
1. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
2. “Turn your obstacles into opportunities and your problems into possibilities.” – Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
3. “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.” – Francis Bacon, The Essays
4. “We often miss opportunities because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas A. Edison
5. “Failure is only the opportunity more intelligently to begin again.” – Henry Ford
6. “When things do not go your way, remember that every challenge — every adversity — contains within it the seeds of opportunity and growth.” – Roy T. Bennett
7. “The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more.” – Jonas Salk
8. “Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.” – Kyle Chandler
9. “Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday’s success or put its failures behind and start over again. That’s the way life is, with a new game every day, and that’s the way baseball is.” – Bob Feller
10. “If a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shade.” – Tom Peters
11. “Life is not always easy to live, but the opportunity to do so is a blessing beyond comprehension. In the process of living, we will face struggles, many of which will cause us to suffer and to experience pain.” – L. Lionel Kendrick
12. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.’ – William Arthur Ward
13. “Don’t allow missed opportunities of the past to interfere with the opportunities that are right before you.” – Ryan Robbins
14. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” – Bobby Unser
15. “It’s when ordinary people rise above the expectations and seize the opportunity that milestones truly are reached.” – Mike Huckabee
16. “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” – John F. Kennedy
17. “Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them.” – Orison Swett Marden
18. “Sometimes the course of our lives depends on what we do or don’t do in a few seconds, a heartbeat, when we either seize the opportunity, or just miss it. Miss the moment and you never get a chance again.” – Aidan Chambers
19. “Seize every opportunity along the way, for how sad it would be if the road you chose became the road not taken.” – Robert Breault
20. “I was seldom able to see an opportunity until it had ceased to be one.” – Mark Twain
21. “With each game I play, with each season I play, I’m running out of chances. You’re never guaranteed next year. You’re never guaranteed the next game. You have to seize the opportunity when it’s there in front of you.” – Brett Favre
22. “Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death.” – James F. Byrnes
23. “Opportunity is often difficult to recognize; we usually expect it to beckon us with beepers and billboards.” – William Arthur Ward
24. “…one opportunity leads directly to another, just as risk leads to more risk, life to more life, and death to more death.” – Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
Related Stories From YourTango:
25. “Opportunity does not waste time with those who are unprepared.” – Idowu Koyenikan, Wealth for All: Living a Life of Success at the Edge of Your Ability
26. “Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty.” – Thomas S. Monson, Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson
27. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!” – Richard Branson
28. “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
29. “The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes.” – Benjamin Disraeli
30. “I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” – Denzel Washington
Nia Tipton is a writer living in Brooklyn. She covers pop culture, social justice issues, and trending topics. Follow her on Instagram.