Friends are important, but best friends are even more so. They are special to us, and encouraging our BFFs through positive and encouraging quotes is the best way to show your great friends how much they mean.
Friendships are important for social and mental health, but best friends hold even more value in your life. Best friends are harder to come by, but when you do find one, they make such a meaningful impact on your life that you sometimes wonder how you ever lived without them.
Unfortunately, every friendship comes with its ups and downs.
And when you and your confidante aren’t on the same page, showing them a few best friend fight quotes can remind you both why you’re friends to begin with.
That’s exactly what the best friendship quotes are all about: celebrating the joy and adoration you have towards one another.
Best friends can fight about the smallest things — not agreeing on something, or not getting along because of attitudes. Whatever the reason, at the end of the day, they realize it was petty or that one or both are in the wrong, and apologize accordingly.
People don’t always get along or agree, but true best friends will always be there for each other, through thick and thin. At the end of the day, friendship is what matters and real friends are hard to come by.
Encouraging your bestie — and vice-versa — is what this friendship connection is all about, which is why we put together quotes about friendship after a fight to share with your best bud.
Even during the difficult times in your friendship, sharing one of the more serious quotes from below can help ease the situation, as it’s natural for some conflict to arise in friendships.
Read on for 30 best friend fight quotes that are great to read to your friend after the tough times, letting them know how much they mean to you.
1. “A true friend accepts who you are, but also helps you become who you should be.”
2. “Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said I’m here for you and proved it.”
3. “Friendship is all about trusting each other, helping each other, loving each other and being crazy together.”
4. “Just because we don’t talk anymore, doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten about you, it doesn’t mean that I no longer care. Truth is I still do. I do my best to check up on you, to see how you’re doing. To see if you’re okay, but every time I get the urge to talk to you, it suddenly hits me that we’re strangers you don’t want me in your life, hence the reason I’m no longer a part of you. But even though everything’s changed, I just want you to know that I’m still here. I’ll still be here for you, I’ll still lend you my shoulders and ears. I don’t care what time it is, what I’m doing. Don’t hesitate to talk to me, because half the time I wish that you were talking to me. I just miss your presence, I miss you being my best friend, I miss you.”
5. “And I’m still getting over my past… but I will tell you this your friendship has made it a lot easier for me to move on and I’m grateful for what we have. So thank you for everything. Thank you for all the long talks — for listening to me when I was breaking down. And thank you for bringing the sun with you — during the time I was drowning in rain.” — R.M. Drake
6. “Life is kind of like a party. You invite a lot of people, some leave early, some stay all night, some laugh with you, some laugh at you, and some show up late. But in the end, after the fun, there are a few who stay to help you clean up the mess. And most of the time they aren’t even the ones who made the mess. These people are your friends. They are the ones who matter most.”
7. “The true meaning of friendship is being able to express yourself and not having to explain it to the other person.”
8. “I’m not a perfect person, I make a lot of mistakes, but still, I love those people who stay with me after knowing how I really am.”
9. “You are stuck with me forever.”
10. “If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault.” — Oprah Winfrey
11. “The worst way for friendships to end is for literally nothing to go wrong, you just stop talking. They stop messaging you to see how you’re doing and you get sick of being the first one to initiate conversation so you just let the friendship go and wonder how that person is doing and never hear from them again.”
12. “Best friends: they know how crazy you are and still choose to be seen with you in public.”
13. “‘Bestfriend’ isn’t just a word. A best friend is someone who’s there for you, no matter what. Thick or thin. I can label anyone as a friend. But as bestfriend? That’s something that needs to be earned. A best friend knows me sometimes more than I know myself. Best friends share tears and laughs. You can trust them with anything and everything. I have a bunch of friends, but only a few that I can count on completely.”
14. “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.”
15. “You’re my Nemo. If you get lost in the great big ocean, I’ll find you.”
16. “Why we need best friends: Because they laugh at the same stupid things we do. Because they give us honest advice. Because they will be there for us, even if they’re thousands of miles away. Because they celebrate with us when we’re at our best but still love us at our worst.”
17. “Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.”
18. “Friendship is built on two things: Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there, and they have to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don’t have trust, the friendship will crumble.”
19. “Dear best friend, You’re stupid. You fail, you’re weird. You’re not perfect. But that’s okay. I’m like that too. We laugh at the randomest things. You know my ugliest side. Even though we disagree. Sometimes, we never fight. When I’m sad, you were always there to make sure I’m okay. Thanks for being there for me. I love you.”
20. “And if you call me at 4 AM, too sad to even say hello, I will listen to your silence until you fall asleep.”
21. “Dear bestie, no matter how many friends I have, no matter how much I talk to them, And spend time with them, Always remember that no one can replace you. You were, are, and always will be irreplaceable. You will always have a special place in my heart. Someone yours till eternity.”
22. “Your friendship means the world to me. Just wanted to let you know.”
23. “Real friendship is beyond the ritual of tags, jokes, gossip, shopping, and selfies. Real friendship is when you can feel the pain in your heart when they cry. Real friendship is when you get more happy for their success than even they are. Real friendship is staying with them when everyone leaves. Real friendship is beautiful, but rare. If you have a real friend, don’t let that soul twin go.” — Rahul Kaushik
24. “You’re it, you’re my person.”
25. “Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one. Friendship never forgets. That is the wonderful thing about it.” — Oscar Wilde
26. “You will always be… the sister of my soul, the friend of my heart.”
27. “The older I get the more selective I am of who is in my tribe. I would rather have four quarters than a hundred pennies.”
28. “You know someone’s special to you when… you don’t talk for a while because things get busy but when you two eventually do it’s like you didn’t miss a beat. You talk like there was no gap in between and you laugh until both of your stomachs hurt. It’s a rare and special connection and personally I think it’s pure magic. If you ever find someone like this in your life, never let them go.”
29. “One universe, nine planets, 204 countries, 809 islands, 7 seas — and I had the privilege of meeting you.”
30. “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
Natalia Jaramillo is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.