Happy Father’s Day, Grandpa! When you are born, and a grandfather holds you for the first time, there is instant love. A grandchild has their grandpa wrapped around their little fingers. What should I say to my grandpa?
Show your grandpa some love and recite or send him one of the many lovely grandfather quotes on this special day.
Why are grandfathers special? Grandfathers mean the world to their grandchildren. They’re a role model, a best friend and they make you feel safe.
When you are with your grandpa, you feel like you are home. You have someone you can confide in and trust with all your heart.
Grandpas are ones that will take you places, share history, and want to teach you. They want to expose you to the great wonders of the world. Grandpas can show the gentle side of men.
You may not always say it, but let your grandpa know that you appreciate everything he does for you.
How do you write a tribute to a grandpa? In honor of this Father’s Day 2021, you can write a tribute with some grandpa quotes to your own grandpa and make sure he knows how important he is to you.
Here are 30 best grandfather quotes for Father’s Day that you can share to show how much you love him.
1. “A grandfather makes us laugh, makes us feel safe, and always makes us feel loved.” — Kate Summers
2. “Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as a source of wisdom and security.” — David Jeremiah
3. “To be able to watch your children’s children grow up is truly a blessing from above.” — Byron Pulsifer
4. “Being a grandfather is one of the true joys of life; it is an awesome time.” — Catherine Pulsifer
5. “Grandpa, you made my childhood unforgettable. I love you.” — Your loving grandchild
6. “Grandfathers are magicians who create wonderful memories for their grandchildren.” — Your most supportive grandchild
7. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” — Joy Hargrove
8. “There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.” — Victor Hugo
9. “Grandpa has ears that truly listen, arms that always hold, love that’s never-ending and a heart that’s made of gold.” — Your endearing grandchild
10. “When I think of all the blessings in my life, Grandpa, you are right there at the very top of the list!” — Your favorite grandchild
11. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” — Robert Brault
12. “Grandfathers are wonderful. Grandfathers are kind. Grandfathers are special And I’m happy you are mine! I wish you a very warm and happy Father’s Day.” — Your kindest grandchild
13. “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” — Indira Gandhi
14. “My grandfather was smart and had a whole lot of pride. He didn’t speak a terrible amount, but you could tell there was a ton on his mind – like a quiet acceptance of how life had turned out.” — Frank Ocean
15. “Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave another.” — Richard Garnett
16. “My grandfather was a wonderful role model. Through him, I got to know the gentle side of men.” — Sarah Long
17. “Grandfathers know a lot. I know this because I am a grandfather and I feel like I know a lot of things, and frankly, I’m rarely wrong.” — Blaine Pardoe
18. “Recently I was tenderly hugging one of our precious little five-year-old granddaughters and said to her, ‘I love you, sweetheart.’ She responded rather blandly: ‘I know.’ I asked, ‘How do you know that I love you?’ ‘Because! You’re my grandfather!’” — Russell M. Nelson
19. “His heritage to his children wasn’t words or possessions, but an unspoken treasure, the treasure of his example as a man and father.” — Will Rogers Jr.
20. “Grandpa, you made my childhood unforgettable. I love you.” — Your fondest grandchild
21. “My grandfather was a very elegant individual. My father also. He was a lawyer and a farmer in Cuba. In Miami, he had to work wherever he could, but whenever it was time to go out, you saw how they cared for how they looked.” — Andy Garcia
22. “More and more, when I single out the person out who inspired me most, I go back to my grandfather.” — James Earl Jones
23. “Grandpas are the wise ole ones that are cuddly as a bear, who always have a neat new trick and story yet to share.” — Katherine E. Harmon
24. “My best memory to recall is the gift of your presence the greatest gift of all.” — Rebecca D. Cook
25. “My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.” — Louis Adamic
26. “Deep down, I always knew, that you really care for me, your harshness was fake, it was for me to make, the most out of love, I truly love you, grandpa, you are and will remain the best in life, love you so much!” — Your most loving grandchild
27. “He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.” — Bessie A. Stanley
28. “Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” — The Fresh Quotes
29. “‘Grandpa, how much do you love grandma?’ ‘Even in our late sixties, that smile on her wrinkled cheeks still gives me butterflies.’” — Abhi
30. “We’d like to convey our respect and admiration for being a cool grandpa today we celebrate a terrific grandfather.” — Your respected grandchild
Emily Francos is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture, and relationship topics.