When you and your friends represent what friendship should be and look like then others probably look at you and think, #squadgoals.
These fabulous, tight-knit friendship squads can be seen in T.V. shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Friends, and Sex & the City that all center on a group of good friends that are just as enviable.
The recipe for making others envious of your squad doesn’t have to include famous models, actresses or singers like Taylor Swift’s squad, to make your squad awesome. All the recipe calls for is a couple of gals or guys that are loyal to you.
But you know that already because you have a friendship squad of your own. And you likely already know all the quotes about squad goals, too.
Your squad probably has a mix of friends you grew up with, girls from your Girl Scout troop, friends from camp, neighbors, or friends you made in high school or college. Your life and stories just wouldn’t be the same without them. If this sounds like you, then you’re definitely going to be able to relate to these hilarious quotes that will perfectly describe your squad!
Here are 30 quotes about squad goals that describe what true friendship is.
1. “Squad means family and family means nobody gets left behind.”
2. “When worst comes to worst, squad comes first.”
3. “That moment when your crush asks you for a hug… and your squad in the background like…”
4. “I can’t really see another squad tryna cross us.”
5. “Squad goals.”
6. “Making decisions with your friends: What a dumb idea. Do it.”
7. “That’s a horrible idea. What time?”
8. “When your squad song comes on.”
9. “When you peep your best friend finally talking to their crush.”
10. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
11. “Nobody really likes us except for us.”
12. “When you’re trying to catch up on all the texts in the group chat: I don’t know what we’re yelling about!”
13. “When u go to the gas station with ur squad.”
14. “I will always have your back.”
15. “When the squad poses for a photo.”
16. “We all have the one friend… I’m that one friend.”
17. “I hope my friends carry me to my funeral like that x.”
18. “Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway.” — Greg Tamblyn
19. “When ur friend finally talks to her crush and the whole squad be like.”
20. “When the whole squad gets in on the selfie.”
21. “You can’t do epic sh*t with basic people.”
22. “Yes, we are aware of how obnoxious we are when we are together. No, we don’t care.”
23. “Homies help homies always.”
24. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
25. “When the squad comes over.”
26. “When someone hates on you & your best friends.”
27. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” — Walter Winchell
28. “Girl Gang Forever.”
29. “When me and my friends are asked to act casual for a picture.”
30. “When your best friend goes along with your lie fluently without you telling them.”
Tess Griman is a writer whose work focuses on relationships, astrology, and pop culture.