Albert Einstein is considered the greatest scientist of the twentieth century.
Born in Ulm, Germany in 1879, he is best known for developing the theory of relativity as well as making contributions to the development of the theory of quantum mechanics.
Einstein won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921 for his explanation of the photoelectric effect, a phenomenon in which electrically charged particles are released from or within a material when it absorbs electromagnetic radiation.
Einstein became fascinated by science in his early years when he saw a compass at age five. He wanted to understand the invisible forces that could deflect the needle — which he later made significant discoveries for. When he was 12 years old, he discovered his “sacred little geometry book.”
His name still carries weight today and is considered to be synonymous with genius. Einstein was later named Person of the Year by TIME in 1999.
Here are the best Albert Einstein quotes.
Albert Einstein Quotes on Imagination
1. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
2. “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”
3. “Logic will get you from A to Z. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
4. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”
5. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
6. “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. It is the source of all true art and science. He who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed out candle.”
7. “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.”
Albert Einstein Quotes on Education
8. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.”
9. “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”
10. “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.”
11. “The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.”
12. “Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits.”
13. “It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.”
14. “Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.”
Albert Einstein Quotes About Life
15. “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”
16. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
17. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.”
18. “All that is valuable in human society depends upon the opportunity for development accorded the individual.”
19. “The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it.”
20. “A human being is part of a whole called by us ‘Universe.’”
21. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
Albert Einstein Quotes About Success
22. “I never think of the future — It comes soon enough.”
23. “You ask me if I keep a notebook to record my great ideas. I’ve only ever had one.”
Related Stories From YourTango:
24. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.”
25. “Failure is success in progress.”
26. “If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.”
27. “In order to succeed your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.”
Albert Einstein Quotes About Love
28. “Falling in love is not at all the most stupid thing that people do — but gravitation cannot be held responsible for it.”
29. “When you trip over love it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love it is impossible to stand again.”
30. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
Sydney Taylor is a writer who focuses on news and entertainment topics.