How often do you really put forth the effort to make him smile? Men deserve to feel needed and wanted just like we desire to be, ladies.
I don’t know about you, but I love getting a random text of endearment from my man. It lets me know that he’s thinking about me no matter how near or far apart we are or what’s going on in his day.
Just like cute texts to send a guy show that you aren’t too “cool” to express your feelings, adorable texts from a guy reassure you how lucky he feels to have you by his side.
We should want to make our man feel this way, too! Don’t go all out on Valentine’s Day or his birthday, but fail to show him the same endearment or love on the days in between. You wouldn’t appreciate it if those were the only times he did it for you, would you?
If you’re looking for a few examples on how to show your man you’re still feeling him just as much as the first day you started seeing each other, it really isn’t that difficult. A text is a simple, easy way to get the ball rolling.
What are cute things to say to a guy over text?
Cute texts should be subtle but still get the point across. It also depends on your relationship with a guy; for instance, if you just started casually dating, you might not want to go for a text that’s too romantic just yet.
But here are a few examples of cute things you can tell him over text. They’re sure to get him to smile:
“I can’t stop thinking about [inside joke] and randomly laughing. I probably look so weird.”
“[after he asks what you are doing] Not much. Just texting the most amazing guy.”
“You look great today. How do I know? Because you look good every day.”
Photo: Look Studio / Shutterstock
How do you send a cute flirty text?
The key to send a cute text that’s also flirty is to be yourself, while combining elements of humor and surprise. You wouldn’t want to send a cliché pick-up line or a text he doesn’t know how to respond to; rather, you might want to include an open-ended question that’s easy to answer to continue the conversation.
You can either write a text out of the blue to surprise him, or make it relevant to your current conversation. If you’re discussing your favorite restaurants in the area, maybe bring up the best dish you tried. Or, if you went out on a date and he did something a little embarrassing, tease him lightly about it.
You can also compliment him, say something to make him laugh, or even use emojis. The point is to text him something that will leave him curious and open to more conversations with you.
What is a good first text to send a guy?
If you’re being bold and texting first, a simple “Hey stranger” or a cheeky “Hey cute Tinder guy #300” can work. Remember to text something that he can respond to; otherwise, the conversation will be over before it even starts.
If you want to take things up a notch and make him blush, send something sweet like, “I’ve never been so eager to text someone in my life.” You can make him blush in a different way by sending him something sexy like, “I can’t wait to get my hands on you later.”
Other good flirty text messages are those that make him feel good about himself as well as the prospect of dating you. So, you can send something like, “Wish you were here right now,” “I can’t stop thinking about last night,” or “I need a snack. Can you come over?”
Here are 200+ cute texts to send a guy and put a smile on his face.
These are just a few examples of cute texts to make him smile, but ultimately, it’s just letting him know how much you care for him.
If you have a good man in your life, it’s important to make sure he knows that. He needs to be reminded of how special he is to you. Don’t be shy — make that man’s day.
Cute Texts To Send To A Guy
1. Saw this and thought of you [insert picture of something relevant]
2. I like you a lottle.
3. I like you so much it’s not even funny.
4. I can’t stop thinking about [inside joke] and randomly laughing. I probably look so weird.
5. [after he asks what you are doing] Not much. Just texting the most amazing guy.
6. I like like like you.
7. Do you want to run errands with me?
8. It’s so cold today, may I steal your body heat?
9. My [cat/dog] misses you.
10. [after getting the first text from him] Wow, my day just got a whole lot better.
11. Just a PSA: You’re the best.
12. Guess what? I like you!
13. I smile so big every time your name pops up on my phone.
14. How is it even legal for someone to be so cute?
15. You make me feel drunk when I haven’t had anything.
16. I don’t know if you know this, but you are seriously incredible.
17. Even the DMV could be a better place with you in it.
18. Just FYI, you are the greatest. That’s all. Bye.
19. Did you know that penguins mate for life?
20. You give me a terrible case of the warm fuzzies.
21. Everything is a little brighter now that you’re in my life.
22. I’m counting down the days until I see you again and it’s too many.
23. You’re the cheese to my macaroni.
Photo: Dean Drobot / Shutterstock
Sweet Texts To Send To A Guy
24. I’m so proud of you.
25. Thinking of you.
26. You mean so much to me.
27. You are so important to me.
28. I am so thankful for you.
29. I’m surrounded by couples here and it makes me miss you even more, ugh.
30. Overheard someone talking about how unhappy they were in their relationship. I couldn’t relate. Thank you for being you.
31. How did I get so lucky?
32. I miss you.
33. I’m so proud to call you mine. Just a reminder.
34. You make me so happy.
35. You really do bring out the best in me.
36. [insert news] I wanted you to be the first to know.
37. I’ve been thinking about our conversation yesterday and really want to talk more about it.
38. I love the way you light up when talking about [subject].
39. This week’s been brutal, but our date was definitely a bright spot.
40. I absolutely adore you.
41. You are so amazing. Never doubt that.
42. I just finished [insert current project he knows about]. Couldn’t have done it without your support!
43. You are such a hardworking man. I appreciate you.
44. Your smile is contagious.
45. I’ve never been so eager to text someone in my life.
46. Just want you to know how much I value our time together.
47. I’m a little drunk but I just wanted you to know I love you.
48. You make my heart burst.
Flirty Texts To Send To A Guy
49. I’m going to watch [movie title] tonight. I heard it’s not one you want to watch alone.
50. What are you wearing?
51. All I want after this long day is a tall glass of you.
52. Your place or mine tonight?
53. I’m all dressed up today. The outfit will be wasted if you don’t get to see it.
54. I need a snack. Can you come over?
55. In case no one told you this today, you’re hot AF.
56. You’re so sexy.
57. Wish you were here right now.
58. Has anyone ever told you you look like a hotter version of [celebrity]?
60. My bed is way too big for one person.
61. I could have just commented this on Instagram but I wanted to tell you directly: you look unbelievably hot in that photo.
62. Am I gonna have to make all the first moves?
63. If you’re having a bad day, don’t worry about it. I have every intention of making sure your night is amazing.
64. In case you were wondering, no you don’t have to wait three days to text me.
65. When you get off, make sure you’re free for the rest of the night. I’ve got plans for you! [insert mood-appropriate emoji]
66. Is it too soon to delete my dating apps?
67. I shaved for the first time in like six months. Can’t let these smooth legs go to waste.
68. Be honest. What was your first impression of me? Because you’re even better than I first thought you’d be.
69. You smell so good. I don’t ever want your scent to leave my skin.
70. Have you ever considered modeling?
71. Where have you been all my life?
72. I’d like to leave you with only good memories.
73. Are you sure you don’t get paid to be the perfect boyfriend?
74. Where did you learn to be so smooth?
75. Who hired you?
Romantic Texts To Send To A Guy
76. Just wanted to remind you of how much I love you.
77. I’ve been thinking about you all day.
78. I’m so glad I get to come home to you.
79. I can’t stop thinking about last night.
80. I wish I could fast-forward this day to get to you.
81. Hey, I adore you.
82. I’m so in love with you.
83. Keep that up and I’ll have to marry you.
84. You. Me. [place] 7 PM. See you there.
85. Am I dreaming?
86. I can’t believe we get to exist at the same time.
87. I picked up wine and a movie for later. You choose the food.
88. Listening to [insert song] and it reminds me of you.
89. You make my life feel like a movie.
90. It’s a beautiful day and I want to spend it with you.
91. Meet me for lunch? I hate going the whole day without seeing you.
92. Remember when [insert memory here]? That always brings a smile to my face.
93. You make me feel seen.
94. You make me feel known.
95. When I’m with you, I feel completely understood.
96. Time stops when I’m with you.
97. I didn’t know love could be this wonderful.
98. I can’t get enough of you.
99. Being with you makes me feel like I’m living in a cheesy romantic comedy, only better.
100. I’d like to thank my past self for making all the decisions that led me to you.
101. You check all of my boxes and ones I didn’t know existed.
102. You’re unreal.
103. You make me want to write poetry.
104. I didn’t know I could love anyone this much.
105. I’ve waited my whole life for someone like you.
106. I could die right now because I’ve met you.
107. You are a dream come true.
108. No one compares to you.
109. Now I know what all those love songs are about.
110. You have my whole heart.
Photo: Vadim Martynenko / Shutterstock
Funny Texts To Send To A Guy
111. Hey, get out of my head!
112. My hand’s been getting heavy. Can you come and hold it for me?
113. Just got out of a doctor’s appointment. Turns out I’m low on Vitamin U.
114. Not to be forward, but when can I see you again?
115. I’m not saying last night was the best date of my life, but when is it happening again?
116. I texted you first today. What else did you manifest for yourself today?
117. You’re such a good friend. Want to upgrade?
118. If I get fired, it’s all your fault. I can’t stop thinking about you and it’s distracting me from my work.
119. You met my dog last night. Guess we have to DTR.
120. If I start burping up butterflies, it’s all your fault.
121. Congrats on being my ManCrushMonday for the XXth week in a row!
122. I cannoli see myself with you. Now I’m hungry. Let’s stop by the bakery later.
123. There’s a lot of fish in the sea, but you’re the best catch.
124. I am legally obligated to be monogamous with you. No one can compete.
125. How are you still single? Have you been living underground for the last ten years?
126. Does your mother know you talk to strangers online?
127. I’d like to extend my trial of [his name].
128. When I was [child age] you were [age]. Disgusting.
129. What’s our How We Met story? Better make it good.
130. It must have been tough waiting for me all those years.
131. Do all your ladies get this special treatment?
Clever Texts To Send To A Guy
132. I love linguistics. My favorite vowel is U.
133. If I don’t win the lottery tomorrow, you have to take me out to dinner as a consolation. Deal?
134. What are you thinking about right now and why is it me?
135. Restaurant tables are made for 2 or more people. Check this new place out with me?
136. I want the most romantic New Year’s kiss ever. Can we practice some time?
138. My fortune-teller told me love was in the cards for me. I guess this is what she meant.
139. I’d love to get to know you better, but the thing is, I’m more of a tactile learner.
140. My favorite pizza place doesn’t do personal pizzas, so I need someone to eat it with me. Be my date?
141. My New Year’s Resolution was to kiss someone cute. Can you help me make it happen?
142. I’m just not that into you. Also, did you know today was Opposite Day?
143. Want to see what I’m thinking about? Go get a mirror.
144. I’ve always wanted to try rock climbing! Now that I know an expert, wanna be my instructor?
145. Is this that hot guy from [app or place]? Sorry, I lost all my contacts.
146. Have you gotten a ticket lately? Because you have fine written all over you.
Photo: Kite_rin / Shutterstock
Dirty Texts To Send To A Guy
147. I can’t wait to get my hands on you later.
148. There’s so much on my To-Do list today, but it’s missing you.
149. [insert sexy picture]
150. I was thinking about you while laying in bed last night.
151. I’m thinking of wearing this tonight [insert photo of outfit].
152. What time do you get off? [wait for answer] What time would you like to? [insert winky face emoji]
153. I’m going to shower. Wish you were here to join me.
154. Went a little crazy shopping Rihanna’s lingerie line. Now all I need is an excuse to wear it.
155. Trust me, I’m worth the wait.
156. I got a new tattoo but it’s in a NSFW place. Want me to show you later?
157. I went way too hard in a workout yesterday and could really use a massage, but I’m weird about strangers touching me.
158. I feel so good in this outfit right now, but you’d look even better on me.
159. That kiss last night left me begging for more of you.
160. Boxers or briefs?
161. I can’t decide which bathing suit to get. Can you help choose?
162. My roommates aren’t home and I can’t unzip this dress myself. Can you come over? It’s an emergency.
163. Got caught in the rain and of course I chose to wear white today.
164. The only man I’ve seen in months is the UPS guy, but I have to say, you have a better package.
165. I’m sorry you had a bad day. I’d do anything to help make it better.
166. Oh my gosh, I totally forgot to text back. F*** me.
167. My vibrator just broke. What’s a girl to do?
168. I don’t want kids, but I don’t mind practicing making them.
169. Who knew I could order a man online and have him come in two days!
170. My doctor said I’m low on Vitamin D.
171. If I think about you any more I’m going to have to change my clothes.
172. I’m sure things have been so hard for you without me there to take care of them.
173. It’s Hump Day. We have to celebrate!
174. It feels so cold in here but the thermostat says it’s 69.
175. What are you doing right now and why is it not me?
176. Whenever I’m doing squats, I just think of you behind me. Really helps with my form.
177. I just took a CPR class. Can I practice mouth-to-mouth on you?
178. What should I wear or not wear when you come over tonight?
179. I’ll be there in 5. Get naked.
180. I need you, baby. Badly.
181. I want you.
182. Today sucks… but so do I [insert winky face emoji]
Good Morning Texts To Send To A Guy
183. Good morning. I hope your day is as nice as your butt!
184. I had a dream about you last night.
185. How’d you sleep?
186. Wish I was waking up next to you.
187. I love the way you look in the morning.
188. What’s your coffee order? I’m making a stop.
189. Good morning starshine, the earth says hello!
190. You’re going to kill it today!
191. Good morning! You got this!
192. Don’t pack a lunch today. I’m sending you something [insert smiley face emoji]
193. I bet you have the cutest bedhead.
194. Every morning I have to check our messages to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.
195. Ooh, a good morning text! I guess things are getting pretty serious, huh?
196. Good morning! Hope your day is off to a good start!
197. You are the first thing I think about when I wake up.
198. I was so excited to wake up today cuz of you.
199. Good morning. You deserve the world.
200. Today is going to be a perfect day because of you.
201. I didn’t want to wake up because I was dreaming about you. Make it a reality?
202. If I could wake up next to you every morning, life would be perfect.
203. Good morning! I’m counting down the hours ’til our date.
Photo: Alissa Kumarova / Shutterstock
Goodnight Texts To Send To A Guy
204. See you in my dreams.
205. One of us is in the wrong place.
206. Sweet dreams.
207. I’ll take a raincheck on a goodnight kiss.
208. I’d sleep better if you were here.
209. [XX] more sleeps ’til I see you again!
210. Love you to the moon and back.
211. Sleep well, love of mine.
212. I’d talk to you all night if I didn’t need sleep.
213. I wish we could fast forward to tomorrow [or whenever you plan to see each other next].
214. Sleeping alone is getting real old.
215. I can’t sleep because I keep thinking about you and [details from the previous date].
216. I bet you look like an angel when you sleep.
217. When I close my eyes, I always see your face.
218. If you were here right now, would you be big spoon or little?
219. Goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let the bedbugs bite (That’s my job).
220. Night love, see you soon.
221. Sleep is like a time machine to you.
222. I named my body pillow after you.
223. If I drool in my sleep it’s only cause I’m dreaming about you.
224. My bed misses you.
225. My bed smells like you.
226. I know we didn’t get to talk much today, but I just wanted to say goodnight.
227. Can’t let you go to sleep without a goodnight text.
Isis Nezbeth is Editor-in-Chief of Prime Fifty-Two Magazine, brand ambassador, freelance writer, beer and coffee connoisseur, and co-host of the Thoughts On Tap Podcast.