Adulting quotes are so #relateable it hurts. Nothing in life prepares you for the responsibility that comes along with being an adult.
We’d all like to think we’re ready to take that plunge into adulthood when in reality no one is.
So you keep doing you and stumbling upon ways to make life work for yourself. In the meantime, please enjoy these totally relatable funny quotes and adulting quotes.
1. “Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane.” — Joe King
2. “With enough coffee I can dress myself and use my grownup manners.” — Imma Hog
3. “I don’t run from my problems. I sit on my couch, play on my phone and ignore them like all other adults.” — Imma Hog
4. “That horrifying moment when you’re looking for an adult, but you realize you are an adult. So you look around for an older adult. An adultier adult. Someone better at adulting than you.” — Horace Cope
5. “Drink some coffee and pretend you know what you’re doing.” — Crystal Ball
6. “I’m done adulting. Let’s be mermaids.” — Brighton Early
7. “I just wanna crochet and ignore all my adult problems.” — Holly Wood
8. “I may be an adult but I’m really more of an adult cat. Someone probably should take care of me but I can sorta make it on my own.” — Heywood U. Cuddleme
9. “My favorite childhood memory is not paying bills.” — Doris Shutt
10. “I wish it was socially acceptable to throw water balloons at people who annoy me. Like, I don’t want to hurt you, but I do want to ruin your day.” — Arty Fischel
11. “I have been putting a lot of thought into it and I just don’t think being an adult is gonna work for me.” — Drew A. Head
12. “I officially resign from adulthood. Decisions will be made using the eenie-meenie-minie-moe method and arguments will be settled by sticking out my tongue. I’ll be at recess if you need me.” — Anita Bath
13. “Adulthood is like the vet, and we’re all the dogs that were excited for the car ride until we realized where we’re going.” — Anita Room
14. “I have decided that I no longer want to be an adult … If anyone needs me, I will be in my blanket fort … coloring” — Al E. Gater
15. “Coffee because adulting is hard.” — Frank N. Stein
16. “Shout out to everyone who got through the day without taking a nap. Pulled an all-dayer today. Pretty rough.” — Shirley U. Care
17. “So it turns out that being an adult is most googling how to do stuff.” — Comb Over
18. “I walk around like everything’s fine, but deep down … in my shoe, my sock is falling off.” — Imma Hog
19. “If it requires fake smiling, I’m not going!” — Imma Pest
20. “Favorite childhood memory: not paying bills.” — Drew A. Head
Tess Griman is a writer whose work focuses on relationships, astrology, and pop culture.