Most women relish a good flirty text message.
There’s nothing quite like the buzz of excitement seeing your phone light up with a few flattering words from the object of your affection brings.
But, as time goes on in a committed, long-term relationship, those daily ‘just because’ texts tend to taper off in exchange for the more mundane ‘Did you remember to pick up more bin liners?’ kind of communications.
It’s not that we love our partners any less; conversely, we just feel more comfortable with them and less compelled to constantly impress them.
But we all need to be reminded we’re still special and desirable every so often. And, contrary to popular opinion, that doesn’t just pertain to women.
Men love a good flattering text message just as much as we do, if not more, as guys don’t tend to receive compliments as often as us gals do.
So remind your significant other he still stirs up butterflies in your heart and all the right feels in your pants with one of these text messages guys love to receive:
1. Have I told you lately how sexy you are?
2. Just thinking about the first time we got hot and heavy at *insert place here*
3. You’re the kind of guy I always dreamed of being with. 🙂
4. Whenever you wrap your arms around me, I feel so safe and happy.
5. Thanks for always having my back.
6. I’ve been bragging about how smart you are to all my friends today.
7. I’m so lucky to have you in my life.
8. Send me a wink if you want a long, sexy kiss the moment you walk in the door tonight.
9. Was just thinking about you at work and started feeling all hot and bothered…
10. You’re my hero.
11. I can’t stop thinking about the way you kissed me last night. It was so sexy.
12. Just watched Thor. Chris Hemsworth is hot, but I would’ve rather watched you without a shirt on for an hour.
13. Every day I wake up beside you is a dream come true.
14. You are my rock. I love you. xx
15. Someone asked me today if I could sleep with any guy in the world, who would it be? I said you. 🙂
16. I don’t know how it’s possible, but you keep wowing me every single day.
17. I’m so proud and happy to call you my husband/boyfriend. Thanks for being one of the best things that ever happened to me.
SHESAID has informed, inspired, and empowered women all over the world since its launch in 1999. With expert advice and opinion in the realms of fashion, beauty, travel, lifestyle, health, love, parenting, and entertainment, SHESAID always has a new perspective on the issues that really matter to women.
This article was originally published at SheSaid. Reprinted with permission from the author.