If you haven’t read any Charles Bukowski love poems, the special time you didn’t even know you were waiting for has finally arrived.
Bukowski was a German-born American author and poet, best known for his gritty, emotionally charged, and deeply passionate writing style.
After moving to the United States at 3 years old, he grew up in Los Angeles and dropped out of college to pursue a writing career in New York City. Bukowski’s poems centered around love and longing were some of the most powerful you will ever come across.
Here are some of the best quotes from Charles Bukowski’s love poems, guaranteed to send any woman straight into the throes of passion.
1. “… and we are in bed together laughing and we don’t care about anything …” — The Most Beautiful Woman In Town
2. “Eyes. Those damn eyes f—d me forever.”— The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses
3. “Find what you love and let it kill you.” — From a personal letter to a friend
4. “I look at her and light goes all through me.”— Selected Letters: 1965-1970 v. 2
5. “I will remember the kisses our lips raw with love and how you gave me everything you had and how I offered you what was left of me.” — Raw With Love
6. “Is it over?”/ “Yes.”/ “Does she still love you?”/ “I think so.”/ “Then it’s not over.”— Women
7. “Love breaks my bones and I laugh.”— Fingernails, Nostrils, Shoelaces
8. “Look, let me put it this way: with me, you’re number one and there isn’t even a number two.”— The Girl Who Cries Wolf
9. “A love like that was a serious illness, an illness from which you never entirely recover.”— The People Look Like Flowers At Last
10. “She’s mad but she’s magic. There’s no lie in her fire.”— An Almost Made Up Poem
11. “I want to be with you, it is as simple, and as complicated as that.”
12. “Stop insisting on clearing your head — clear your f—g heart instead.” — Selected Letters Vol. 4 (1987-1994)
13. “If there are junk yards in hell, love is the dog that guards the gates.” ― Love Is a Dog from Hell
Deputy Editor Arianna Jeret, MA/MSW, is a former family law mediator, divorce coach, and recognized expert on love and relationships. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram.