Fourth of July weekend is fast approaching and we all know what that means! Time to party and celebrate Independence Day. But what do you say on the 4th of July? Many things! Including Happy Freedom Day!
While 2022 has been interesting, to say the least, this year’s summer is one we all deserve.
With a weekend full of fireworks, friends, family, and food you’re going to want to capture it all on camera to share on Instagram with all of your loved ones. And what does every good Instagram post need? An even better caption.
Independence Day is all about fun, so keep the mood light with one (or more) of these funny 4th of July captions for Instagram.
Clever 4th of July Captions for Instagram
1. Party like it’s 1776.
2. Red, white, and my crew.
3. Indepen’dance’ the night away.
4. Red, white, and turnt.
5. What did one flag say to the other flag? Nothing. It just waved.
6. Here today, hungover tomorrow.
7. Did you hear the joke about the Liberty Bell? It’ll crack you up.
8. O say, can you sea?
9. What did the visitor say as he left the Statue of Liberty? Keep in torch!
10. It’s lit.
11. Liberty, Equality, and Party.
12. What’s the best kind of tea to drink on July 4th? Liber-tea!
13. Red, white, and brews.
14. Why you gotta be all up in my grill?
15. A battery and a firework were arrested. One was charged, the other let off.
16. “She was an American girl.” — Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
17. “We’re the kids in America.” — Kim Wilde
18. Keep calm and sparkle on.
19. Current mood: Cue the sparklers.
20. Today we all share the same sparkle in our eyes.
21. “I’m just living out the American dream.” — Madonna
22. Snap, crackle, and pop.
23. Drinkin’ like Lincoln.
24. Sparkling so hard, I could be a firework.
25. Don’t hate U.S. ’cause you ain’t U.S.
26. Back-to-back World War champs.
27. Grill, or it didn’t happen.
28. “You’re welcome.” — George Washington
29. Sparkle like it’s the Fourth of July.
30. I’m just here for the BBQ.
31. “Brought to you courtesy of the red, white, and blue.” — Toby Keith
32. Light up the sky on the 4th of July.
33. HBD to my favorite country.
Cute 4th of July Captions
34. You could say I have a “flare” for this sort of thing.
35. Sun’s out, buns out.
36. Come on baby, light my fireworks.
37. Take a pitcher, it’ll last longer.
38. U.S of Yay!
39. Red, wine, and blue.
40. I like my beer cold, my coffee black, and my tea in the harbor.
41. It’s a party in the USA.
42. Too cool for British rule.
43. Chill out with your grill out.
44. What is Uncle Sam’s favorite snack? Fire-crackers.
45. Happy Fork of July.
46. We the party people.
47. How do we celebrate Independence Day? Stuck in traffic.
48. Red, white, and barbecue.
49. Four score and seven beers ago.
50. America’s been spilling the tea since 1773.
51. Pitcher perfect.
52. We’ve mustard up the courage to throw a barbecue.
53. Sparks were flying.
54. Let’s relish today.
55. I American’t even right now.
56. Girls just wanna have independence.
57. Food, family, Fourth of July, and fireworks. The four best F words ever.
58. Wish you were beer.
59.Young, wild, and free.
60. Pies, fries, and the Fourth of July.
61. Rosé in the U.S.A.
62. Stayin’ fly on the Fourth of July.
63. Pretty sure I was a sparkler in another life.
Patriotic 4th of July Captions
64. Happy birthday, America. Talk about a glow-up.
65. A midsummer night’s dream.
66. Have a Yankee Doodle Day.
67. Happy birthday, America. You get better with every year.
68. Land of the free, home of the fun.
69. America sure knows how to throw a birthday party.
70. My favorite color is freedom.
71. If it involves fireworks, BBQ, and freedom — count me in.
72. I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over my freedom ringing.
73. “’Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA.” — Lee Greenwood
74. “Freedom lies in being bold.” — Robert Frost
75. “In America, change is possible. It’s in our hands. Together, I know we’ll get there. Look how far we’ve already come.” — Barack Obama
76. “Independence now and forever!” — Daniel Webster
Related Stories From YourTango:
77. “America is another name for opportunity.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
78. “America is hope. It is compassion. It is excellence. It is valor.” — Paul Tsongas
79. “Born in the U.S.A.” — Bruce Springsteen
80. “One flag, one land, one heart, one hand, One Nation evermore!” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
81. American dreamin’.
82. “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” — Benjamin Franklin
83. “Dreams are the foundation of America.” — Lupita Nyong’o
84. My patriotic heart beats red, white, and blue.
85.“Give me liberty or give me death!” — Patrick Henry
86. “The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride, and history.” — Mike Fitzpatrick
87. “I thank God for my life, and for the stars and stripes.” — Zac Brown Band, “Chicken Fried”
88. “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” — John F. Kennedy
89. Bold stripes, bright stars, brave hearts.
90. Home of the free because of the brave.
91. Let freedom ring!
92. America was born to sparkle.
93. “Raise a glass to freedom, something they can never take away.” — Hamilton
94. Happy birthday, America!
95. Free to sparkle.
96. Proud to be an American.
97. Sweet land of liberty.
98. We will stand by the right, we will stand by the true, we will live, we will die for the red, white, and blue.
99. Why aren’t there any knock-knock jokes about America? Because freedom rings.
100. God Bless America!
Alice Kelly is YourTango’s Deputy News and Entertainment Editor. Based in Brooklyn, New York, her work covers all things social justice, pop culture, and human interest. Keep up with her Twitter for more.