Hey there, old sport, didn’t you know Jay Gatsby quotes are the most romantic quotes around?
When it comes to love, it’s pretty unanimous that F. Scott Fitzgerald an expert. He just has this way with words that makes all of us girls swoon.
F. Scott Fitzgerald pulls at our heartstrings and makes our pulses race with his iconic and romantic Jay Gatsby quotes.
Gatsby is both in love and obsessed with Daisy. Of all the quotes from the Great Gatsby, the quote that best describes Daisy Buchanan is “A stirring warmth flowed from her.”
The Great Gatsby is a prime example of a romantic classic. There are just so many key quotes from the novel that can be pulled from the book, giving us insight into that forever kind of love.
Gatsby and Daisy remind us that true love and soul mates really do exist. Like any good love story, they are a tragically beautiful couple, one that so many have found relatable and awe-inspiring even a century after it was actually published.
See for yourself why women everywhere have had their hearts stolen by Gatsby and check out these 10 quotes about Gatsby loving Daisy that will make you look at love in a totally different light.
1. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known – and even that is an understatement.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. “There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. “There I was, way off my ambitions, getting deeper in love every minute.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. “He looked at her the way all women want to be looked at by a man.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. “I knew the moment I kissed her my heart would be married to her, so I waited just a moment longer, and then I let myself go.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. “She held my hand for a moment, looking up into my face, promising that there was no one in the world she so much wanted to see.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. “The way he looked at you, it was different from how he looked at other girls. He looked at you like the moon and the stars shone out of your eyes.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. “I hope she’ll be a fool – that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
Madelyn Rennie is a writer and frequent contributor to YourTango who writes about astrology, relationships, and education.